Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

No point in keeping him around if he's clearly not fancied by the coaching staff. Which he obviously isn't.

Guessing we must be planning some squad bulking signings or some promotion from below?

One way or the other we are going to have to decide who makes the call on players coming or going. It's a bit pointless bringing in players like Amalfitano because Carr rates them, if Pardew is looking for totally different attributes.

I sort of agree, but then again nobody gets all of their signings right, and he was cheap. Carr might have seen something, they decided to give it a go, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. Doesn't necessarily mean that the system is wrong.

Guest Lalasialex

And both Abeid and Amalfitano were low-risk buys, whorth a try... Didn't make it through, but what have we lost?

But can't get to many who doesn't make it...

Abeid is a disappointment but he's had a canny year in Scotland, he'll be sorted for a move. Amalfitano was a strange one given his age. Thought he was lightweight but forward thinking in his play. I don't think he'd break into the first team here any time soon. Was worth a shot.

I reckon it's more a case that he was fairly highly rated, cheap and was receiving ligue 2 wages which I would imagine are probably similar or less than some of our 'senior' youth team players are on. It just hasn't worked out, no real loss.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has cost us barely over £600,000 with is a pittance in the grand scheme of things.

I reckon it's more a case that he was fairly highly rated, cheap and was receiving ligue 2 wages which I would imagine are probably similar or less than some of our 'senior' youth team players are on. It just hasn't worked out, no real loss.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has cost us barely over £600,000 with is a pittance in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, low risk signing was probably intended for the cups but simply wasn't good enough. No biggie.

• 2 months later...

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 45m

DONE DEAL: Dijon have announced the signing of Romain Amalfitano on a loan from Newcastle. #NUFC #mercato

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  Mor

He mustard asked to be loaned out.

:thup:

Good for him. Though without much game time in pre-season it's inevitably going to take him a while to ketch up.

Amalfitano looked decent to me when he played for us. I know that's a very limited amount of viewing time but always thought it was odd that he never got more of a chance. I've seen such shite performances from others who appear more often I can only presume the guy looked hopeless in training.

Good luck to him at Dijon.