Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

It's nice to have clubs in the league that are clearly run worse than us. I'm not sure you could always have said that in the past.

Big payday for AVB and he's failed in the face of a dodgy owner and an aging entrenched dressing room with increasingly faltering players like Cech and Terry.

If Mourinho is coming back next season, the circus should be fun, even if some of the football won't be.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely daft decision like. You can't apportion half measures in terms of rebuilding a team that was never built to last, whilst still expecting success.

To be honest, I don't understand the sympathy for this manager at all. He's been given cheques to write. His mission is to reconfigure the squad while still leaving them viable as a Champions League side and outside title contender. He has failed miserably. It is somewhat early and harsh, but it didn't look like he was improving anything. Results had actually gotten significantly worse. They had a great victory in December against Man City, and they've won three matches out of thirteen since. The squad is not this bad, and that form would have any manager in he league looking over their back.

Guest optimistic nit

*Paying £72m for them

(Middle ground that apparently doesn't exist)

*Never selecting them

Come on then Columbo, explain.

to be fair i think Ronaldo's a knob but he's got a point here.

Guest Stephen927

Player power? Was in not result power. Dumping AVB is nowhere near as bad as dumping Ancelotti.

Chelsea started off the season well, it was only until mid December the wheels started to fall off. There is a core of players at Chelsea that any manager in the world will find incredibly difficult to phase out of the club due to their stature.

Steve Bruce throwing his name into the ring for the job. Apparently he's been sighted in London screaming something about Chelsea buns.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01605/steve-bruce_1605092c.jpg

Sven's at it:

Eriksson wants Chelsea job

Ex-England boss does not think it is an impossible task at Stamford Bridge

Last Updated: March 5, 2012 5:32pm

Sven Goran Eriksson has told Sky Sports News he would take the Chelsea manager's job if he was offered the role.

The Stamford Bridge club on Sunday parted company with Andre Villas-Boas after just more than eight months and his former assistant, Roberto Di Matteo, has been placed in charge on an interim basis.

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and ex-Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez are among the favourites to take the job on a permanent basis in the summer, but Eriksson, who has been out of work since leaving Leicester last October, is also interested.

The former England manager was famously linked to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich during his time in charge of the Three Lions and he continues to admire the Premier League giants.

Eriksson insists there has yet to be a new approach, but asked by Sky Sports News if he would be interested in Chelsea, the Swede said: "I would take it, of course.

Disaster

"They already have a manager for the rest of the season (Di Matteo) and I guess that is a natural solution, because he has been in the club now for the whole season."

Villas-Boas was sacked after just one victory in seven matches in all competitions and a failure to win the respect of the dressing room after reports of bust-ups with Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Fernando Torres.

Chelsea's next permanent manager will therefore be their eighth manager in nine years and it has been suggested the Stamford Bridge hot-seat is an impossible job.

However, Eriksson said: "Nothing is impossible. But this time I think it is understandable that something (Villas-Boas' sacking) happened.

"I don't defend it. But I can understand it, because with Chelsea if they don't play in Europe next season, that would be a disaster for them."

Erikson too? :lol:

Might as well give it a try, then.

Village Idiot wants Chelsea job

Ex-pizza boy does not think it is an impossible task at Stamford Bridge

Last Updated: March 5, 2012 5:32pm

Village Idiot has told Sky Sports News he would take the Chelsea manager's job if he was offered the role.

The Stamford Bridge club on Sunday parted company with Andre Villas-Boas after just more than eight months and his former assistant, Roberto Di Matteo, has been placed in charge on an interim basis.

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and ex-Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez are among the favourites to take the job on a permanent basis in the summer, but Idiot, who has been out of work since Spain descended into chaos and poverty last October, is also interested.

The former pizza boy was famously linked to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich during his time in charge of the delivery of the local Pizza Hut and he continues to admire the Premier League giants.

Idiot insists there has yet to be a new approach, but asked by Sky Sports News if he would be interested in Chelsea, the Spaniard said: "I would take it, of course.

Disaster

"They already have a manager for the rest of the season (Di Matteo) and I guess that is a natural solution, because he has been in the club now for the whole season."

Villas-Boas was sacked after just one victory in seven matches in all competitions and a failure to win the respect of the dressing room after reports of bust-ups with Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Fernando Torres.

Chelsea's next permanent manager will therefore be their eighth manager in nine years and it has been suggested the Stamford Bridge hot-seat is an impossible job.

However, Idiot said: "Nothing is impossible. But this time I think it is understandable that something (Villas-Boas' sacking) happened.

"I don't defend it. But I can understand it, because with Chelsea if they don't play in Europe next season, that would be a disaster for them."

*Paying £72m for them

(Middle ground that apparently doesn't exist)

*Never selecting them

Come on then Columbo, explain.

to be fair i think Ronaldo's a knob but he's got a point here.

Tempted to put this in my sig.