Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

Thoughts with him and his family. Pull through, big guy.

I hate to say it but it seems there's little or no chance of him surviving at this stage, even if they were able to resuscitate his body after that amount of time trying he'd surely be in a deep coma. :(

I really hope the guy makes it, terrible to see the photo's of him being attended and the look of horror on the players faces. Truly sad.

If it is a heart problem, you do wonder why in billion pound industry why these heart issues are not spotted or picked up on sooner before something like this happens, but I guess it's not as simple as that.

Thoughts with him and his family. Pull through, big guy.

I hate to say it but it seems there's little or no chance of him surviving at this stage, even if they were able to resuscitate his body after that amount of time trying he'd surely be in a deep coma. :(

After about 45 minutes, there's pretty much no chance sadly.

The fact he has had a defib on from very early on and constant CPR means he has a strong chance still, the sooner the defib is applied the better the chance, once it goes beyond ten minutes or so without that chances plummet drastically unfortunately.

I really hope the guy makes it, terrible to see the photo's of him being attended and the look of horror on the players faces. Truly sad.

If it is a heart problem, you do wonder why in billion pound industry why these heart issues are not spotted or picked up on sooner before something like this happens, but I guess it's not as simple as that.

No amount of money is going to get you medical care that doesn't exist tbh. Unfortunately undetected heart problems do happen. Just still praying he can pull through, as bleak as it may seem right now. :(

Like Dave has said it's been 40-45 minutes now.

Very slim chance of him pulling through.  This has knocked me for six, basically don't know what to do.  Sat here bemused.

Like Dave has said it's been 40-45 minutes now.

Very slim chance of him pulling through.  This has knocked me for six, basically don't know what to do.  Sat here bemused.

Same here, I've turned ESPN off, and have no idea what to do with myself. Hopefully he pulls through.

It was my friends first ever football game and she said they were trying to revive him on the pitch for a good 10 mins or so with paddles and everything and were getting no response :( really hope he pulls through. 23 FFS!