Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

I'd bump the football pet hates thread but cba to look for it. Anyway one of my pet hates in football is how Liverpool are always mentioned as title contenders and all the shit about 'this is our year' and then when they don't win it, it's 'next year will be our year'. From what I can remember they've never finished higher than 3rd in a PL season FFS!

I'd bump the football pet hates thread but cba to look for it. Anyway one of my pet hates in football is how Liverpool are always mentioned as title contenders and all the s*** about 'this is our year' and then when they don't win it, it's 'next year will be our year'. From what I can remember they've never finished higher than 3rd in a PL season FFS!

2nd once under Rafa, think that's it for over 20 years.

Ben Arfa vs Enrique. hmm could get interesting :D

Why not Jonas on the right ? He knows Enrique very well.

Enrique knows Jonas very well, more importantly.

If Enrique is the same attacking full back he was at Newcastle, Hatem will struggle.

Defensively, Enrique has been a bit suspect recently so can see Ben Arfa giving Jose a hard time. Someone mentioned this a few weeks ago that Enrique actually struggles against players who cut inside so Hatem is basically the best player to handle Jose (so to speak).

Reception for Enrique and Carroll will be?

expect Enrique to get a warm reception at first, then maybe a few boo's when the game gets underway (see Les Ferdinand etc), but Carroll to get booed, abused and jeered throughout.

No doubt Henderson will get 'you're just a sad mackem b******' at some point and Bellamy will also be jeered.

expect Enrique to get a warm reception at first, then maybe a few boo's when the game gets underway (see Les Ferdinand etc), but Carroll to get booed, abused and jeered throughout.

No doubt Henderson will get 'you're just a sad mackem b******' at some point and Bellamy will also be jeered.

I reckon Enrique will be jeered from the minute he steps out to warm up.

I also wish we wouldn't boo Suarez. Refuse to acknowledge his presence and just laugh at him instead when he dives.

I also wish we wouldn't boo Suarez. Refuse to acknowledge his presence and just laugh at him instead when he dives.

certain of this tbh

used to love the bloke, left a really bitter feeling with the way he went about his move...and now he's a cunt, albeit a fucking class full back cunt

certain of this tbh

used to love the bloke, left a really bitter feeling with the way he went about his move...and now he's a c***, albeit a f***ing class full back c***

How i feel tbh, i actually still have respect for Carroll he didnt say any shit when he left and i think its clear that unlike Enrique he didnt want to leave and we and him we forced to part ways because of the cash involved.

I have lost all respect for Enrique as a man after how he left us with quotes like " i will only leave Newcastle for Barcelona" and " the club will never finish top 6 again " and other vile shit.

That's without ignoring the fact we made him who he is today as a footballer if it wasnt for us he would still be in Villarreal's reserves.

I'm not sure if I really blame Enrique for leaving. Some of the stuff he said was dodgy, but at the time he was a top player and we weren't really looking good enough for him. Like many people, he probably expected Liverpool to push on with all their spending. Believed the hype basically.

Enrique made himself look an arse with that Twitter comment criticising us for selling Nolan & Carroll and our transfer policy, then joining that shower of s**** with their buy a flavour of the month British player for an extortionate amount way of doing things.

I'm not sure if I really blame Enrique for leaving. Some of the stuff he said was dodgy, but at the time he was a top player and we weren't really looking good enough for him. Like many people, he probably expected Liverpool to push on with all their spending. Believed the hype basically.

My problem isn't so much with him wanting to leave for a more delusional ambitious club. My problem is that he stopped giving a shit half way through last season, and the fact that it seems the deal with the clan was agreed while he spouted shite about not wanting to leave (big nose Thommo comments about it being a done deal).

My problem isn't so much with him wanting to leave for a more delusional ambitious club. My problem is that he stopped giving a s*** half way through last season, and the fact that it seems the deal with the clan was agreed while he spouted s**** about not wanting to leave (big nose Thommo comments about it being a done deal).

Yeah, it's the way from about the January before he left he was going, "let's see.." etc. I think everyone knew he had no intention in staying really, but the way he strung it out hurt. If he'd just said he wanted to go to further his career, even if he did make a shite choice I think he'd have had far more respect.

I'd still sign him back in a flash mind if he wanted to come in the summer. :lol:

I dont blame him for leaving i myself was negative at the time, its the shit he said while he was at the club and when he left that make him sound like a right hypocritical c*nt.

After all we gave him i would expected a little bit more class.

Enrique made himself look an arse with that Twitter comment criticising us for selling Nolan & Carroll and our transfer policy, then joining that shower of s**** with their buy a flavour of the month British player for an extortionate amount way of doing things.

Couldn't agree more. While I was a massive Enrique fan his excuses for leaving were pathetic. Getting Nolan and Barton out the door was a sign of our ambition not a lack of it. Jose must have seen that with the calibre of players we were bringing in like HBA and Cabaye. He wanted a bigger wedge and Kenny was desperate enough to offer it.

Last 20 years.

6th, 6th, 8th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 7th, 6th.

Pretty bad that a club "that big" has only even finished top 3 in 7 of those 20 years.

Conversely, only three times outside the top 6.

Pretty sure we would love that.

Last 20 years.

6th, 6th, 8th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 7th, 6th.

Pretty bad that a club "that big" has only even finished top 3 in 7 of those 20 years.

Conversely, only three times outside the top 6.

Pretty sure we would love that.

Given what they did in the previous 20 years though to build up their worldwide fame/fanbase though, it's pretty poor compared to clubs on a similar scale.

I wouldn't take him back. Fuck him, he had his chance here and blew it. He's a brilliant player but I have faith we will sign another good left back, our scouts are quality. He went on like a cock leaving and shouldn't be rewarded with a return just because we are doing better than the club he went to. It's a similar situation to the likes of Beye who was out of favour when we came back up, cracking player for us, but he blew it.