Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

If we can upgrade on Ba, Jonas, Williamson & Simpson... we would go along way to being a better footballing side. Keep them for the squad of course... but not in our best 11.

ba? Fuck  off

If we can upgrade on Ba, Jonas, Williamson & Simpson... we would go along way to being a better footballing side. Keep them for the squad of course... but not in our best 11.

Ba and Jonas have been 2 of our most important players this season man

Guest ToonArmyST

true.

Think we just have to put it down to an extremely bad day at the office and go again on Wednesday. We're still 4th and a disillusioned Spurs have to perform tomorrow against another team battling at the bottom. Massive missed opportunity, but fair play to Wigan, they've beaten better sides than us in recent weeks.

I can take the defeat but 0-4 at the pissy DW Stadium is insane. When we lose, we certainly don't do it by halves.

Bizarre isn't it? Lucky for us I suppose that we've taken the initiative and defended well in so many games this season because we're actually not very good at all when we go behind.

Last league game we came from behind to win was West Ham away in October 2010 - our only reversal since we got promoted.

Of course they have. Fucking ridiculous expecting to replace that calibre of player when you've got barely any depth to start with.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Hopefully this is the boot up the arse players needed if they thought it was already sewn up

Well done Pards, bring off the player who has been running the show for the last 10 minutes and the only player creaking anything. Idiot.

Back to insulting him again. Wondered how long it would take.

Why is it ok to insult Mike Williamson but not Alan Pardew?

When did I insult Williamson? I offered a fair appraisal of him and didn't resort to calling him names.

Plus, one's done a superb job this season and the other has let us down time after time.

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Williamson and what you said

Right. He's been a rock.

He's done his best and made some mistakes, just like Pardew. It's MADNESS to call the latter names though?

We're on 62 points with that squad. Anyone calling Pardew names is a f***ing idiot.

Williamson is part of that squad you utter wum.

Which is exactly why Pardew doesn't deserve to be called names. Have you figured it out yet?

Nope

Ok, I'll try to make it simple for you. We've overachieved massively this season with Championship players like Williamson, Raylor and Simpson regularly getting a game. Pardew is a big reason for that. He's done an absolutely magnificent job to get us to 62 points.

Anyone calling him names is a fucking idiot. Hope that helps.

Maybe Williamson's even worse than he looks and is overachieving as well? Maybe he doesn't deserve to be called names under those circumstances?

Of course they have. f***ing ridiculous expecting to replace that calibre of player when you've got barely any depth to start with.

We play our best football in a 4-3-3 and i dont feel Jonas and Ba are particularly suited to being starting players in that system. Ba was fantastic in a 4-4-2 when we were playing direct and he was playing off Bests knockdowns & Jonas is a fantastic versatile squad player. However if we want to consistantly challenge at the top in a 4-3-3 formation, these positions need upgraded.

Well done Pards, bring off the player who has been running the show for the last 10 minutes and the only player creaking anything. Idiot.

When did I insult Williamson? I offered a fair appraisal of him and didn't resort to calling him names.

Plus, one's done a superb job this season and the other has let us down time after time.

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Right. He's been a rock.

He's done his best and made some mistakes, just like Pardew. It's MADNESS to call the latter names though?

We're on 62 points with that squad. Anyone calling Pardew names is a f***ing idiot.

Which is exactly why Pardew doesn't deserve to be called names. Have you figured it out yet?

Nope

Ok, I'll try to make it simple for you. We've overachieved massively this season with Championship players like Williamson, Raylor and Simpson regularly getting a game. Pardew is a big reason for that. He's done an absolutely magnificent job to get us to 62 points.

Anyone calling him names is a fucking idiot. Hope that helps.

Maybe Williamson's even worse than he looks and is overachieving as well? Maybe he doesn't deserve to be called names under those circumstances?

"Never misses a chance" WUM fail.

Think it was difficult for Pards in the sense that if we played a high line they had too much pace. The again by sitting deep the wing-backs come up and they have 5 in midfield. Both solutions aren't good. if we started 5 in mf and dropped Ba then he's acused of not 'going for it'. Putting all that aside we just didn't compete and Willo and Simpson are basically accidents waiting to happen. Both were shit and Simpson looked like he's already moved clubs the cunt.

Of course they have. f***ing ridiculous expecting to replace that calibre of player when you've got barely any depth to start with.

We play our best football in a 4-3-3 and i dont feel Jonas and Ba are particularly suited to being starting players in that system. Ba was fantastic in a 4-4-2 when we were playing direct and he was playing off Bests knockdowns & Jonas is a fantastic versatile squad player. However if we want to consistantly challenge at the top in a 4-3-3 formation, these positions need upgraded.

We've just won 6 on the bounce in that formation with those players.

i agree to a point re ba and jonas (though joans was very good in the middle last week. for all i don't want ba to leave i don't see him being a regular in the position he plays in a forward 3.

We've been playing teams that we are expected to beat though and an out of form Liverpool.

We've been playing teams that we are expected to beat though and an out of form Liverpool.

oh no, here comes stu!

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Right. He's been a rock.

Nope

Anyone calling him names is a f***ing idiot. Hope that helps.

Nobody is calling him names. I'm not insulting him personally because he's probably doing his best. He's a good bloke and a top pro but a very, very poor footballer and a deficient defender. Ok?

Pardew's a hero for the way we've conducted ourselves on the pitch this season. He's done a superb job and that should be recongnized with praise, not personal insults.

Expected to beat by who? We've not won 6 on the bounce for over 15 years, are you saying that was our easiest run of fixtures in that time?

Some people getting too big for their boots already.

christ that was terrible.  Never got going, second to every ball, gave them far too much time and space while they seemed to have 2 on us at every opportunity.

Was like Spurs all over again, hit by early goals and seemed to resort to thumping it rather than taking time and keeping the ball.

Those pesky wingbacks were coming forward at will without challenges. Our fullbacks caught in a real catch 22.

oh no, here comes stu!

All I'm saying is, without change there is no improvement. Id like to see us evolve our game even further next season & I believe in order to do this, they are 2 positions that would need to be strengthened.