Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

Well done Pards, bring off the player who has been running the show for the last 10 minutes and the only player creaking anything. Idiot.

Back to insulting him again. Wondered how long it would take.

Why is it ok to insult Mike Williamson but not Alan Pardew?

When did I insult Williamson? I offered a fair appraisal of him and didn't resort to calling him names.

Plus, one's done a superb job this season and the other has let us down time after time.

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Williamson and what you said

Right. He's been a rock.

He's done his best and made some mistakes, just like Pardew. It's MADNESS to call the latter names though?

We're on 62 points with that squad. Anyone calling Pardew names is a f***ing idiot.

Williamson is part of that squad you utter wum.

Which is exactly why Pardew doesn't deserve to be called names. Have you figured it out yet?

Nope

Ok, I'll try to make it simple for you. We've overachieved massively this season with Championship players like Williamson, Raylor and Simpson regularly getting a game. Pardew is a big reason for that. He's done an absolutely magnificent job to get us to 62 points.

Anyone calling him names is a f***ing idiot. Hope that helps.

Maybe Williamson's even worse than he looks and is overachieving as well? Maybe he doesn't deserve to be called names under those circumstances?

"Never misses a chance" WUM fail.

Yeah, I think Williamson's not good enough and you think Pardew's a moron and an inferior manager to the Wigan boss. Who's the WUM?

You're an embarrassment.

watched the whole game in poland after fucking driving for 9 hours.

I think everyone knows we have players playing out of their skin eg simpson,williamson etc.  not a good day and yes we let it slip. however need to accept it as a learn for our team rather than saying replace so and so. Hopefully we will replace those who are limited in the summer.

On a side note, i had soccer saturday on as well, what a bunch of cunts, thompson, le pissier and the alcoholic who is now rendered a useless soul in limited physical exterior were talking tripe.

onto chelsea.......

Mentioned this in the match thread but today really did remind me of the Derby game at Pride Park when we were in the Championship. As in, being on a high because of the week before, being able to field our best team available but yet, on the actual day/night of the game, nothing would happen for us.

Guest BooBoo

watched the whole game in poland after fucking driving for 9 hours.

I think everyone knows we have players playing out of their skin eg simpson,williamson etc.  not a good day and yes we let it slip. however need to accept it as a learn for our team rather than saying replace so and so. Hopefully we will replace those who are limited in the summer.

On a side note, i had soccer saturday on as well, what a bunch of cunts, thompson, le pissier and the alcoholic who is now rendered a useless soul in limited physical exterior were talking tripe.

onto chelsea.......

Love owt like this, me.

Kind of thought this would happen. Been too much celebrating and patting ourselves on the back this week. People should at least wait until the end of the season for christs sake.

Completely missed this game, slightly shocked at the scoreline.

Can someone summarise quickly how we've managed to lose 4-0 to Wigan, deserved or not ?

Totally deserved. For all we were atrocious, their passing and moving was sensational.

Guest BooBoo

Kind of thought this would happen. Been too much celebrating and patting ourselves on the back this week. People should at least wait until the end of the season for christs sake.

You thought we'd get whipped at Wigan? Give over man.

Can someone summarise quickly how we've managed to lose 4-0 to Wigan, deserved or not ?

we turned up thinking that was all we had to do.

We looked asleep right from the start. Sluggish and uninterested. Wigan attacked with pace and blew us away. Totally deserved the win

Great credit to Wigan who played with no fear which was pretty remarkable, they looked hungrier than we were which was disappointing. Just blew us away in that first half.

Been a fantastic season and there's still possibilities in the remaining three games, just hope we can regroup and finish on a high.

It wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that we'd be beaten though. They've been playing really well and though we have too, our run was always going to end somewhere. Nobody predicted it would be quite like this. :lol:

Pardew saying our intensity just wasn't there, and they punished us with goals whilst we were still trying to get going. Pretty much confirmation that we showed up expecting to win.

Aint gunna rush to any conclusions over tactics or whatever... but we need the first goal in games for me. Gives the side confidence. We havent won a game this season in the league conceding first. Throw another on in a minute later and we're always gunna struggle, like today.

Aint gunna rush to any conclusions over tactics or whatever... but we need the first goal in games for me. Gives the side confidence. We havent won a game this season in the league conceding first. Throw another on in a minute later and we're always gunna struggle, like today.

We've not won from behind for 18 months. Thankfully it's not been a problem that we face all that often but it is a problem when it happens. Our heads go down a bit too quickly for my liking, when we concede one, we immediately look likely to concede another which is very unnecessary because we don't concede many goals as a rule.

We seem to just collapse when we go behind. New right back and centre half badly needed and rest of team to not believe the hype. On paper much the better team, on the field Wigan were fantastic and we were left short

No, i thought we would get beat.