Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 02/05/12 - post-miracle reaction from p60

Dave

So proud of all the lads last night, there was people shitting themselves during the last 30 minutes but I just kept pointing out the fact that Chelsea made NO chances in that half at all and that was down to the way we defended. Pardew has got them so well drilled in defence that we can see it out when we have to (with the exception of Arsenal away). We did it home and away to man u and we've seen out games countless times at home after going ahead.

There's been the annoying exceptions like Wolves but I think with defensive reinforcements we'll see us even more solid at the back next year.

Was listening to the talksport commentary of it just before, love the reaction, just casually talking and then screams

Select 21:30-22:00 and start listening from about 5mins

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/77611

Awsome! Someone needs to combine that with a clip of the goal, along with every other piece of commentary we can find out there.

Chelsea had no ideas other than long diagonal balls from Terry up to Torres/Drogba.  I was amazed that they didn't try and get the ball down more and pass it around.

Nothing amazing about it at all! Watch how we pressed them for the entire 100 minutes, and closed down almost every available space without fail, and you'll understand why Chelsea resorted to long ball.

Was listening to the talksport commentary of it just before, love the reaction, just casually talking and then screams

Select 21:30-22:00 and start listening from about 5mins

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/77611

Awsome! Someone needs to combine that with a clip of the goal, along with every other piece of commentary we can find out there.

I just went to listen to that but clicked 2100-2130 by accident.  The first thing they're talking about is a buyout clause in Cisse's contract.  Bastards.  :tickedoff:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/143692305.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588C8A12F02A3A9238E8C3E3A1006A75A513361A787173E8F40

:kinnear: :lol:

It's fucking Fogel from Superbad near the bottom left!

The game was played while I was in work.  I recorded it and tried to stay away from any site that would spoil the outcome.  Around halftime I couldn't help myself and came here.  By the time I was driving home it was still 1-0.  When I got home I came here for the outcome and then watched the game.  Cisse had two brilliant strikes.  The man has ice water in his veins. 

Coming off the last whipping, the fact that the club played with the confidence that it did, speaks volumes about the spirit of the players and their manager.

Brilliant display.

Is there a screenshot from the first goal from Sky's coverage knocking around anywhere?  I am reliably informed that I am pictured somewhere in the crowd.

You can watch highlights on Yahoo goals, don't know about a picture though. Might just have to pause it  O0

Got up a 4am to watch the game and spent all day at work re-watching the goals. I work with a few Lebanese & Greek lads who all went mad when I showed them the second goal, properly shouting with big grins on their faces, never seen them all so happy :lol:

Is there a screenshot from the first goal from Sky's coverage knocking around anywhere?  I am reliably informed that I am pictured somewhere in the crowd.

You can watch highlights on Yahoo goals, don't know about a picture though. Might just have to pause it  O0

Cheers - will take a look tonight!

So proud of all the lads last night, there was people shitting themselves during the last 30 minutes but I just kept pointing out the fact that Chelsea made NO chances in that half at all and that was down to the way we defended. Pardew has got them so well drilled in defence that we can see it out when we have to (with the exception of Arsenal away). We did it home and away to man u and we've seen out games countless times at home after going ahead.

There's been the annoying exceptions like Wolves but I think with defensive reinforcements we'll see us even more solid at the back next year.

When a game is won with two such stunning goals it's easy to overlook just how good our defensive performance was.

The back four were superb, but as a team the way we got our shape back so quickly and defended from the front whenever they were in possession was a masterclass.

I love our team :)

I genuinely think this is my favourite set of players I have seen.  I loved the Bobby team which obviously had some absolute legends and seemingly good guys in it (Shearer, Speed, Solano etc) and the Keegan team (Ferdinand, Lee, Beardsley etc), but they both had their share of players I didn't like that much (more the Robson team in all honesty). 

But this bunch are just all so damn likeable.

Motty and his cup of coffee like. That tea boy looked like he had good technique, maybe Carr can scout him, the current tea lady is getting on a bit

Claridge :)

I wish I didn't know that Cisse's goal was a wonder strike. I couldnt imagine what I would be like watching that live and not know what was coming up.

Motty and his cup of coffee like. That tea boy looked like he had good technique, maybe Carr can scout him, the current tea lady is getting on a bit

Claridge :)

I wish I didn't know that Cisse's goal was a wonder strike. I couldnt imagine what I would be like watching that live and not know what was coming up.

I was about to switch tabs and complain about Cissé wasting possession with a daft shot then it went in and I just started mashing my face off the keyboard.