Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Cabaye was pretty anonymous for his first few appearances and he was playing in a much more functional team.

Think it's just a matter of time for Anita. All of his problems seem to stem from lack of understanding rather than lack of ability.

I will allow myself one smug "I was right"

Cabaye was pretty anonymous for his first few appearances and he was playing in a much more functional team.

Think it's just a matter of time for Anita. All of his problems seem to stem from lack of understanding rather than lack of ability.

Be smug. It's great for self confidence.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92469.msg3837701.html#msg3837701

Stick Anita in a 5 man midfield with Perch instead of Tiote (on current form), Marveaux, Cabaye (when fit) and Ben Arfa and we'll do OK. 

Think Tiote was better today, then earlier atleast, not wasting as much possesion, alot of simple passes instead of the hollywood stuff he had going. Working to break up play and protect the back four.

Think Tiote was better today, then earlier atleast, not wasting as much possesion, alot of simple passes instead of the hollywood stuff he had going. Working to break up play and protect the back four.

Did he not give the ball away when they scored the first?

Did he not give the ball away when they scored the first?

He gave it away for the break that got them the corner for the second IIRC. Might be wrong.

Hate to be one of those guys that calls people out on things they've said in the past, but I knew this guy was quality and genuinely couldn't believe the likes of HTT writing this kid off within a few europa league apps and some 20 minute spells in the prem. :lol:

Clearly technically better than every player minus maybe Colo and Ben Arfa. His one touch passing and versatility in defending and attacking moves means for me he was clearly MOTM today.

Cabaye was good in his first few appearances against Sunderland,Fulham and Villa though