Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

At least one of Gouff/Marv will be a starter next season.

What makes you say that?

Yeah I can see us buying another striker/wide forward for the first team like. Still think they'll get a good 20+ starts though because it's unlikely you'll keep all the front three fully fit at the same time.

Where does he fit in? There's a good player in there but he just doesn't seem to belong in our team when he plays.

Hope he doesn't have Viana syndrome.

Still not sure what he's supposed to be.

This. Such a weird player. Not very good in any position but isn't very bad either. Think he might be some sort of Aaron Hughes in midfield for us. A player to use, but quality wise he hasn't proven his price tag, although his versatility has.

He's pretty good picking it up from the CBs and getting it going. He's not all that useful without the ball though, and as we're not a possession based side i can see how it's a struggle to get the best out of him.

Where does he fit in? There's a good player in there but he just doesn't seem to belong in our team when he plays.

Is he a defensive midfielder? No, not big enough.

Is he creative? Not really.

Box to box? Can't see it.

Winger? Not in 4231, probably not in 4-4-2 let's be honest.

Only way I can see him working is in a 3 man midfield with a proper bodyguard in there and Cabaye creating - basically doing the leg work, fetching and carrying. Basically in the formation we finished last season with, put him alongside Tiote and play Cabaye further forward - but that means Sissoko wide or not involved, so an unnecessary involvement really.

Would probably see the best of him next to a Tiote and behind Cabaye/Sissoko.

He doesn't have the physicality to be a ball winner but has decent enough pace/movement/technique to drop deep, pick up the ball and move it on to the more creative players.

He doesn't have the physicality to be a ball winner but has decent enough pace/movement/technique to drop deep, pick up the ball and move it on to the more creative players.

Doesn't that almost seem a waste of a position though? Tiote wins, passes it to Anita who passes it to Cabaye. I'd kind of think about skipping the Anita bit there!

If I'm being honest he's starting to look like a waste of money. Don't get me wrong he's a talented player and he had a very clear role at Ajax where he looked good but I'm not sure that role translates well to the Premiership, much less a Pardew team. Like Ronaldo says that money could have been used to get another winger. I feel bad for him in a way. Think he may have made a bad career move.

Doesn't that almost seem a waste of a position though? Tiote wins, passes it to Anita who passes it to Cabaye. I'd kind of think about skipping the Anita bit there!

Not with Tiote's passing this season :lol:

Not with Tiote's passing this season :lol:

:lol: Aye, fair enough! He has been , er, erratic!

If he was English he'd get a dog's abuse on here. Because he's from Ajax, has played for the national side and cost a few quid every tidy pass he makes gets a tick in the box. I really want to like him but he just never ever imposes himself on games and when he does see a lot of the ball he's Scott Parker-esque without the occasional beaut.