Douglas

BONTEMPI

Don't normally do any ITK stuff and this is hardly rocket science stuff; a number of clubs have agreed a few for him but are being quoted astronomical wages.

By chance I may have stumbled on someone who will (if he says what he does is true) have very reliable info.

Not sure if Giggs but seems he prefers us over Fulham... I think...

U bevindt zich hier › Home › FC Twente › FC Twente wil snel duidelijkheid over Douglas

FC Twente wil snel duidelijkheid over Douglas

zondag, 26 augustus, 2012 - 22:46

ENSCHEDE - FC Twente wil zo snel mogelijk duidelijkheid over Douglas. Dinsdagavond wil de club weten of de verdediger vertrekt of toch nog een jaar in Enschede blijft.

Douglas zegt dat hij graag wiil blijven bij FC Twente, terwijl hij eerder vele malen liet weten toe te zijn aan een nieuwe club. Fulham had belangstelling, maar Douglas zou volgens Engelse bronnen hebben aangegeven niet naar de club van trainer Martin Jol en Bryan Ruiz te willen verkassen.

Newcastle United heeft ook al maanden belangstelling en is wel een interessante club voor de Braziliaanse Nederlander. Als de Engelse club echter nog wat wil, moet het snel zijn. Twente wil niet weer op de laatste dag worden overvallen met een tranfser. Vorig seizoen raakte het op 31 augustus Bryan Ruiz kwijt, volgens voorzitter Joop Munsterman toch nog een grote verrassing. Een vervanger was destijds niet meer zo snel voor handen en dat heeft de club het hele seizoen achtervolgd.

Maandag meer over Douglas in De Twentsche Courant Tubantia

Edit: Same old same old after closer inspection other than more likely he will move rather than stay as Twente tempted to cash in now...

Basically:

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule

Not wanting a repeat of last year, Douglas given until Tuesday to decide future: Twente or leave, ruled out a move to Fulham. [tc tubantia]

10:58 PM - 26 Aug 12

Dave's short version just as good to be honest...

You are here › Home › › FC Twente FC Twente would quickly clarity about Douglas

FC Twente wants clarity quickly about Douglas

Sunday, August 26, 2012-22: 46

ENSCHEDE-Twente wants clarity on Douglas as soon as possible. Tuesday evening the club wants to know whether the Defender departs or remains still a year in Enschede.

Douglas says that he would like to remain at FC Twente, he wiil while previously many times left to know to a new club. Fulham had interest, but not according to English sources have indicated to Douglas would club trainer Martin Jol and Bryan Ruiz wanting to relocate.

Newcastle United has also already months interest and is an interesting club for the Brazilian Dutchman. If the English club still what does, it should be quick. Twente would not be raided again on the last day with a tranfser. Bryan Ruiz became the last season on August 31, according to President Joop Munsterman still lost a big surprise. A replacement was no longer so fast for hands and that has the club the whole season haunted.

The '' Twentsche Courant Tubantia Monday more about Douglas in

Guest BooBoo

He seems like a bit of a dickhead tbh, not sure why. :lol: Appears that he's hummed and harred so much, if he's not jumping at the chance to sign for a club like us in our present state then I'm not really that bothered about him.

Same.

He seems like a bit of a dickhead tbh, not sure why. :lol: Appears that he's hummed and harred so much, if he's not jumping at the chance to sign for a club like us in our present state then I'm not really that bothered about him.

That Bartonesque video of him could have something to do with it

Same.

This, definite dick and not interested

Would still hate to see Taylor get dropped.

Why? If we sign Douglas and he proves to be a better player then I don't see what would be wrong with that.

:thup:

I think Taylor has come on a lot the last couple of years but he does seem to pick up more than his fair share of injuries, we need another central defender and signing players that push starters down the pecking order is surely how you become successful?

Why? If we sign Douglas and he proves to be a better player then I don't see what would be wrong with that.

Tomorrows Journal headline is about Taylor not fearing new signings...

:thup:

I think Taylor has come on a lot the last couple of years but he does seem to pick up more than his fair share of injuries, we need another central defender and signing players that push starters down the pecking order is surely how you become successful?

Did never understand that mentality, i think some people are still thinking like we are in mid-table.

We are better than that now and need more than two quality CB's, personally we need a RB and a striker more but i won't be complaining of Douglas comes in either.

Any quality addition is welcome.

Honestly though as important as any new signing is trying to get the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa closer to goal for success this season.