Alan Pardew

Dave

Sky Sports NewsHD will have an exclusive interview with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias from midnight on Thursday evening.

Club sold?

Highly doubt it.

If so though :fwap:

Aye, lets get into millions of debt again :thup:

did anyone notice this when it said "billions" ?

I like club stability as much as the next guy, but unless he improves (and I don't think he's shown enough growth in the time he's been here so far) that's not the best news I've heard today.

How do you improve from being Manager of the year?

I'm being whooshed aren't I??

Get a team to play attractive football for more than one half every six games.  :dance:

Colo out, Tiote out, change attacking formation to negotiate your best players personalities & you're ready to judge his "growth" on the first few games. Aye reasonable ofcourse.

Sky Sports NewsHD will have an exclusive interview with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias from midnight on Thursday evening.

Club sold?

Highly doubt it.

If so though :fwap:

Aye, lets get into millions of debt again :thup:

did anyone notice this when it said "billions" ?

:yao:

There's bound to be some kind of termination-clause, maybe set by results or just making it cheaper to get rid than paying for 8 years salary.

It really shows the amount of confidense the board has in Pards and will mean more stability for the team, it's a very good thing in my opinion.

Maybe it's also to prevent other clubs/national teams from stealing, at least not without us making a ton of money.

I think a lot of the reason for wanting to keep him so much is in this comment

Alan has done a fantastic job over the last couple of years and has proved what a great Premier League manager he is. I have total respect for him in all football matters and have an excellent relationship with him which I think benefits the club enormously.

The board has been unable to work with a lot of the managers we've had (all expect Hughton and Pardew actually), so for them the scenario of losing him is a lot worse than any deficiensies he might have as a manager.

Yeah but it isn't 8 years though is it?

Basically, what Mike Ashley is saying is that he doesn't agree with one/two/three year deals as they have no merit in his business, so he signs people for indefinate lengths of time to tie them down. If they want to sack Pardew, they pay him off, he's one of lowest paid managers in the league (or was). Alternatively, they already have a pay off written into his contract. However, should another club come in for him, unlikely as it is, we have a nice long contract to sit on. Therefore we can get a nice fee for him, in the same way we would do for players.

Mike Ashley, once again, now holds all the cards and he gets the idea of "stability" thrown into the bargain. It changes nothing.

From a footballing point of view, i like Pardew.

Basically, what Mike Ashley is saying is that he doesn't agree with one/two/three year deals as they have no merit in his business, so he signs people for indefinate lengths of time to tie them down. If they want to sack Pardew, they pay him off, he's one of lowest paid managers in the league (or was). Alternatively, they already have a pay off written into his contract. However, should another club come in for him, unlikely as it is, we have a nice long contract to sit on. Therefore we can get a nice fee for him, in the same way we would do for players.

Mike Ashley, once again, now holds all the cards and he gets the idea of "stability" thrown into the bargain. It changes nothing.

Fair play to him, I'd do the same.

So basically...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24133683.jpg

If he completes the 8 years plus what he's done, where abouts on the list is he for our longest serving? Must be top 5.

3rd i think behind Stan Seymour and Joe Harvey. He only needs to complete 4 of those years to be 3rd :lol:

Dear me.  :lol:

I can only see this as a good thing btw, stability, confidence and continuity.