Alan Pardew

Dave

Can we afford to not get any players in? That is a real possibility if he was sacked.

Not really but I would have more hope with a better manager with our squad than I'd have with Pardew and another couple of players to ruin.

And, to be fair to him MONg at least knows the value of the cup and plays his full strength team and there is rarely a lack of effort. We just don't seem to have anything going for us with this c*** in charge

In our predicament would you really have risked "bigger" players today?

We were playing against Brighton today. We shouldn't need bigger players. I can bet anything you like that the side we put out today was worth a lot more than theirs.

Aye. Given the fact that some of these players are supposedly on the fringes of the first team, they ought to have at least been in a position to give Brighton a game. The fact is, in the first place they're given little confidence by the manager - who, rightly or wrongly in the press continues to bleat on about how short we are of quality. In the second instance they're effectively sent out to play hoofball to our imbecilic, immobile and useless piece of shit striker, to battle with a fired up, ambitious footballing side. If these players had at least some guidance and schooling of a footballing philosophy, we'd have had a chance.

Fact is, as some here have said, they were not sent out there with desire and a winning mentality today. Again, that's the fault of the manager.

Guest neesy111

And, to be fair to him MONg at least knows the value of the cup and plays his full strength team and there is rarely a lack of effort. We just don't seem to have anything going for us with this c*** in charge

We were playing against Brighton today. We shouldn't need bigger players. I can bet anything you like that the side we put out today was worth a lot more than theirs.

Btw Brighton made 4 changes for today's game as well.

Btw Brighton made 4 changes for today's game as well.

I'm not debating how well we played, I'm just saying that I personally agree with the team lineup we put out. Wouldn't have liked to risk the better players in our predicament.

I'm in no way defending how that team played. They were woeful.

I'm just pointing out Brighton didn't have a full team out like us.

The whole way we setup today was a not to lose again, I'd been happier if we'd lost 5-0 today but had a go of it but we didn't.

I'm fucking tired of hearing him talk about how he loves the cup and he was brought up on it, his exploits for Palace etc every frigging season and then we immediately get knocked out after a limp, half-arsed performance. Shame the players don't respect the cup or Pardew's supposed opinion of it, because we just look as if we don't want to win, every year.

Interesting to see that Pardew's interview was all about individual players and stars that were missing, while Poyet was talking about formations and team shape. That's how it came across on the pitch as well.

Guest hatem garrincha

Blanc is as defensive minded as Pardew.

Not really. But Blanc is as ineffective tactically as Pardew.

Not just the FA Cup, we could have beaten that Man United team in the League Cup too but he threw a second string out, been exactly the same in Europe.

Does not understand the concept of wins breeding confidence, as a result we're in January without an away win. Shameful.

Interesting to see that Pardew's interview was all about individual players and stars that were missing, while Poyet was talking about formations and team shape. That's how it came across on the pitch as well.

This sums it up really.

Guest neesy111

I'm fucking tired of hearing him talk about how he loves the cup and he was brought up on it, his exploits for Palace etc every frigging season and then we immediately get knocked out after a limp, half-arsed performance. Shame the players don't respect the cup or Pardew's supposed opinion of it, because we just look as if we don't want to win, every year.

FA CUP Record.

Stevenage 3-1 defeat.

Blackburn 2-1 win.

Brighton 1-0 defeat.

Brighton 2-0 defeat.

Tragic set of results and if I was a chairman with any football knowledge I'd be spitting blood at those weak exits from the greatest cup competition in the world.

Blanc is as defensive minded as Pardew.

Not really. But Blanc is as ineffective tactically as Pardew.

But probably a lot more expensive. Another manager who's built his name on being a big player only to be exposed in the long run when given charge of a club.

Desperately looking for excuses, at the same time destroying the confidence of those chosen to fill in for said missing players. I don't think he's to say that we miss Cabaye and Taylor, but it's desperately short sighted of him to think that they'll solve our problems.

Not just the FA Cup, we could have beaten that Man United team in the FA Cup too but he threw a second string out, been exactly the same in Europe.

Does not understand the concept of wins breeding confidence, as a result we're in January without an away win. Shameful.

Perfect opportunity to give a lower league side a howking and pull us out of a slump.

Wonder if Laurent Blanc would consider us/ we consider Blanc? Out of work, speaks English, French, pals with Fergie. ;)

Is there anything to suggest he's a good manager beyond his big name reputation?

He won the Ligue 1 with Bordeaux and managed to bring the club into the quarter-finals of Champions League.

This sums it up really.

:thup:

Goes back to what I was saying earlier. The most worrying thing is that there seems an increasingly strong suggestion that all he does is pick the best players and expect it to work. If those players aren't available there's no cohesion at all.

If he's going to stay, then serious questions need to be asked about this from those above him. Then again, they're clueless.

Imagine being the manager of Newcastle United in the premiership and suddenly realising you're a awful at it.

haha f***.

The problem is, I don't think he does realise it.

His smug gland does not allow it

One of the worst games I've ever been to that, knew that we had no chance when I saw the teamsheet and the performance was even worse than I expected.

I'd be surprised if Cisse even had a knock, I'd have thought it was an excuse for not risking him since our squad is so disgracefully short. Plus, why the fuck was Marveaux not playing?

Fucking absolutely hopeless, I suspect that's mission accomplished for Pardew today as he clearly wanted us to go out.

Well I've previously been in favour of giving him the rest of the season but that was so, so very bad I'm really not sure any more. I know we had players missing but at the end of the day you still have 11 highly paid professional players on the pitch, they should surely at least look like something that resembles a football team?

I think he probably has the next 3 games, and a minimum requirement of 5 points - any less than that and we probably need a change while there's still some winnable games left.

No idea who mind....  :sad:

I don't believe for a second that Coloccini and Cisse are significantly injured. There's no chance whatsoever they'd have been left out if this was a league match.

They were rested.