Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

I remember corners being something you get excited by as it's a chance to get a goal. For a while now watching Newcastle when we get a corner I'm actually more worried about his being hit on the counter as a goal for for us seems so unlikely.

How depressing that is, it must be fixed. All opportunities that could lead to a goal should be worked on and showing signs across a year of being somewhat effective. If we had scored from 5 corners this season it could be the difference of up to 15 points depending on what games we took them and across how many games etc. - disgusting that we are so poor at them.

our corners have now become a weapon for the other team, seriously we have as much chance as conceding a goal when we take a corner on the break as we do of scoring one.

What is it now 274 corners without a goal or something?  Pathetic

When we win a corner or freekick my first worry is hoping that we don't get hit on the counter  :D

That would be funny if it wasn't true.

Isn't this a tactical fault of Pardew that we get hit on the counter? He (Pardew) is the 2nd coming of Souness

our corners have now become a weapon for the other team, seriously we have as much chance as conceding a goal when we take a corner on the break as we do of scoring one.

What is it now 274 corners without a goal or something?  Pathetic

Nearer double isn't it? :lol:

I remember corners being something you get excited by as it's a chance to get a goal. For a while now watching Newcastle when we get a corner I'm actually more worried about his being hit on the counter as a goal for for us seems so unlikely.

How depressing that is, it must be fixed. All opportunities that could lead to a goal should be worked on and showing signs across a year of being somewhat effective. If we had scored from 5 corners this season it could be the difference of up to 15 points depending on what games we took them and across how many games etc. - disgusting that we are so poor at them.

Agreed.

So inneffective & predictable, the S-P has pretty much become a gimmey for opposition coaches, as part of their gameplan imho - if the likes of Ben Arfa are on a roll, and we're applying pressure in open play, the release valve is to instruct your players to commit a cynical fouls. 

Set-Penis = almost a guaranteed end to our attacking threat & momentum,  and it creates counterrattacking opportunities against us if the opposition are well drilled (in their transition play: off-the-ball movement & speed & incisiveness of the outlet ball). And these are things which can be worked-on, because of the obvious pattern of & lack of variation in our set-penis'. Set-pieces conceded shouldn't be seen as a positive, and i'm almost certain opp.coaches/managers view them as such.

If this wasn't such a serious issue, somebody would have created a complilation video by now, with some funny/joke music to accompany the vision.

Guest Roger Kint

The corners are a liability most of the time. It's incredible.

Some of them on Sunday were hit to an empty area of the box before the front post, Pardews lack of brains aside thats the fault of the clown taking it. I can blame him for a lot but to think the taker is doing this on command is hard to swallow tbh.

Can't believe that we haven't scored a corner since October 2011 and the one before that it was May 2011.

Surely we would have more chance of scoring by taking it short every time and then just hitting it as hard as we can into the area and hoping for a deflection. 

I don't know why we haven't tried giving it short to Ben Arfa/Marveaux and let them dribble into the box to create havoc. Worked against Spurs yet I can't remember us trying it again since?

There were loads of opportunities for short/quick set pieces at the weekend, we just piled it in the box every time to no avail. Again.

Marveaux is certainly better at them than Cabaye though.

There were loads of opportunities for short/quick set pieces at the weekend, we just piled it in the box every time to no avail. Again.

Marveaux is certainly better at them than Cabaye though.

I really doubt he is - he's just doing what Pardew tells him. There's no way a player that can strike the ball that well for free kicks can be that bad at corners, you can either strike it well or you can't.

Guest bimpy474

How many corners have we scored with Pardew in charge? - most ppl just say the last corner we scored on was the ba goal..

Andy Carroll header v Man City not long after he took over, iirc.