Newcastle United 1 - 0 Club Brugge - 25/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Enjoyed that. :thup:

Lots of slick, patient football and been the better team by far. Just need to fashion a couple more chances and we'll win the game.

We've been repeating the same moves over and over again. This isn't some no-mark friendly. When we attack out wide, there are massive empty spaces in the middle that we aren't exploiting, and we should be. Cisse needs to touch the ball during play and not just when having a pop at goal. The directness of Fergie, Ameobi and Obertan has been excellent for what it is, but we have to vary our play.

Apologies for having a different opinion to you. I'm sure I'll pay for it in my next life by coming back as a mackem.

Eh, you don't have to apologise dafty. Neither do I.

Playing nice carpet football most of the time which is a good idea as Cisse is definitely not a target man. Tiote definitely needs to stop dawdling/getting caught in possession in our own half. His range of passing is excellent it would be nice to see him push further up the pitch and let Bigi and Anita cover behind him.

Enjoyed that. :thup:

Lots of slick, patient football and been the better team by far. Just need to fashion a couple more chances and we'll win the game.

We've been repeating the same moves over and over again. This isn't some no-mark friendly. When we attack out wide, there are massive empty spaces in the middle that we aren't exploiting, and we should be. Cisse needs to touch the ball during play and not just when having a pop at goal. The directness of Fergie, Ameobi and Obertan has been excellent for what it is, but we have to vary our play.

Apologies for having a different opinion to you. I'm sure I'll pay for it in my next life by coming back as a mackem.

The problem is the centre of the pitch. You have Tiote, Bigi and Anita - none of who are inclined to get forward and in the box. Because they all sit its difficult for anyone to get the ball to Cisses feet either. Thats why 'd get Cabaye on asap

American sports channels :lol:

"Scottish premier league, who will meet their destiny?

Motherwell versus High-bernian!"

Meet their destiny. :lol:  22 bouncers kicking a muddy ball all over the shop in front of a couple of big sheds.

First Half thoughts: Midfield has been far too passive and my pre game concerns about all them being too defensive and not being able to play an attacking role effectively has come to light and wide forwards ( sammy and obertan have been too ineffective for my liking) and how been our outshone by their respective fullbacks who have outshone them.

:lol:

Passing a been slick enough just lack of cutting edge ATM. Wouldn't want to receive a pass from Tiote tonight like, 100mph zippers coming out of him.

I think if we can get one we could get a few tbh. Don't know if I'm getting old and boring or what but the crowd has been cringeworthy at times like.

Cattermole song, YSIFS, change the fucking tune man.

Boring tbh. Take one of the midfield 3 off.

:thup:

First Half thoughts: Midfield has been far too passive and my pre game concerns about all them being too defensive and not being able to play an attacking role effectively has come to light and wide forwards ( sammy and obertan have been too ineffective for my liking) and how been our outshone by their respective fullbacks who have outshone them.

:lol:

Was feeding my cat and typing at same time :lol: corrected :thup:

Not sure what's more annoying, charvers on the look at me I'm sitting here call infront, people singing about Jimmy Savile or our lack of forcing the issue.

On the plus side, first post ever for me inside the ground

American sports channels :lol:

"Scottish premier league, who will meet their destiny?

Motherwell versus High-bernian!"

Meet their destiny. :lol:  22 bouncers kicking a muddy ball all over the shop in front of a couple of big sheds.

followed by log throwing and dancing in skirts

I'd definitely take Anita off for Cabaye, midfield is to defensive. Should be attacking these guys.

I'd take Tiote off before Anita. At least Anita looks to get forward.

Bigi and Anita have been given the freedom while Tiote has been told to hold.