Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

I thought Cabaye had his worst game for us.

I still think we're playing him too deep. We need Tiote to be covering behind him, and Tayls and Colo in the heart of defence, and Pardew needs to have him play further up the pitch.

I still think we're playing him too deep. We need Tiote to be covering behind him, and Tayls and Colo in the heart of defence, and Pardew needs to have him play further up the pitch.

Cabaye looked to be playing further forward to me today (he went and closed the keeper/centre backs down a couple of times), made not a jot of difference.

First half good, second half just completely abysmal.

Disagree.

Apologies for making en masse assumptions(!) but I really think people's perception of our performances are very strongly influenced by scorelines. That's not to say scorelines have no bearing on performances, they're clearly one of the most important parts, but we weren't largely better or worse second half. Same slow start. Same lost look. Same tactic of every person on the pitch pass to Ba, then Cisse - no matter who you are, who is around you or who is on the pitch.

If Lukaku had managed to beat Tim Krul twice first half from his chances, I really don't think anyone would say it was a good first half. I know Demba Ba had a few chances/half-chances he didn't convert too btw.

Thought you shaded the first half, thought we dominated the second half apart from the last ten minutes when we got sloppy in posession, one of those unlucky days for us, one of those good days for you, we missed Yacob who has been great controlling posession in diificult periods of games, well done for the three points, I'm going for a pint.

boing boing baggies

Guest bimpy474

I thought he was much further up field today than usual, he looked lost most of the game. Its the smacking it forward, lack of accurate passing and non movement which is killing us at the moment.

I thought we played some really nice stuff first half. Deservedly led. Sure they had a couple of chances on the break but we were pretty dominant. It certainly felt that way.

Second half was shocking barring a few good moments.

Draw would've been a fair result.

Aye that's how i saw it :thup:

Sammy 7

Eh? Didn't do much right until dat assist.

And even then the shot was going miles wide.

Clearly not ready for 1st team yet although he did get the assist but he lost the ball most times he dribbled it.

Flukiest win ever. We really are a poor team.

First bit aye, second bit is nonsense.

It really isn't though, is it?

Yes we have good players, but we're not a good team. Not in a collective and footballing sense anyway. West Brom's shape, passing, movement, pressing off the ball etc put us to shame today and a lot of teams in the league do the same with worse players.

We were very very lucky 2nd half. We should try playing football instead of hoofing the fucker up the pitch. We have players who can pass and move; so what were the instructions today? Hoof the ball and hope for the best. Awful.

Yes we have good players, but we're not a good team. Not in a collective and footballing sense anyway. West Brom's shape, passing, movement, pressing off the ball etc put us to shame today and a lot of teams in the league do the same with worse players.

It's impossible to argue with this. Pardew is picking players and trying to shoehorn them into a formation when it should be the other way round.

Lukaku is one of those rare beasts who got a small applause from the home fans when he was substituted.

I thought that was because people were over the moon he was coming off, he was torturing us...

Krul 9

Simpson 4

Coloccini 5

Williamson 4

Santon 6

Cabaye 4

Jonas 4

Perch 5

HBA 6

Ba 8

Shola 5

Cisse 6, Obertan 5, Sammy 6

How the hell does Jonas deserve a 4? He was outstanding today defensively, and looked to have regained some of his old dribbling skills.

Poor team is harsh, but your frustrations are shared by the majority. It's even hard to put your finger on why we play like we do after showing glimpses of class, then seemingly revert to kick long and sit. I don't know what Pardew is thinking, his post match interview today was strange, he seemed glad for us to sneak a win in a poor performance, and this 'hard work' shite is pissing me off. Wish he would have some fuckign balls and go and fuck some teams up.

Hopefully we'll click soon. Think he's trying to bundle us through until after Xmas with Europa and what not, after the joy of last season's early season battling to the top of the table. Like little club comes good. unfortunately our expectations have exceeded that, and rightly so. It's like he hasn't moved on with us. Canny annoying.

We're not poor, though.

Krul 9

Simpson 4

Coloccini 5

Williamson 4

Santon 6

Cabaye 4

Jonas 4

Perch 5

HBA 6

Ba 8

Shola 5

Cisse 6, Obertan 5, Sammy 6

How the hell does Jonas deserve a 4? He was outstanding today defensively, and looked to have regained some of his old dribbling skills.

This, except my incredulity is at him being rated so highly