Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what makes anyone think martinez would come here?

Lambert left a bigger club than Wigan to manage Villa. Swansea attracted Laudrup. Fulham have got Jol.

Even if it's not Martinez I find the idea we couldn't attract somebody who could coach decent football into our squad a bit mad. Even if it is Ashley/Llambias, I think you'd have a queue of managers willing to do it.

I agree, the opposing attitude is exactly what Ashley and his oiks want the fans to think.  There's an undercurrent of "Little old Newcastle, we're lucky to even be in the top league, so forget about properly competing" within day-to-day communications and also wider level stuff, and it's f***ing bullshit.  We're not Man Utd, but we're being completely shortchanged with the lack of ambition shown at the club.  In that sense Ashley and Pardew are a very good fit.

Yep.

One for Neil perhaps, is this any worse than Everton usually start a season?

Could have been 5-6 today. It's gone too far now imo. S'ton ffs!!

Just for a bit of perspective, in January last season, Everton had been beaten 2-1 at home to Bolton and were 2 points off the bottom 6.

Guest neesy111

Last season has earned him the opportunity to turn it around imo. Not saying he will, but sacking him now would be as laughable as the Di Matteo sacking. If it gets to February time and we're still in this position, then I'd consider it.

Could be too late by then.

Guest malandro

APs 8 year contract was a PR stunt and I couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes, he's a symptom not a cause.

MA has appointed five managers in five years and not one of them was employed as a manager when he appointed them. The check list for appointing next manager

No compensation

Low wages

Think/hope he will turn it around, we are on a shitty run but we have also had a lot of changes due to injuries suspensions etc.

Still think he should be able to put a team out that is capable of more than the dross we have been served for the last few games.

Can't help but feel Demba Ba is dictating the way we set up because of his little huff last season when he was playing left, if that is the case then Pardew needs a foot up his arse no player is bigger than the team.

Last season has earned him the opportunity to turn it around imo. Not saying he will, but sacking him now would be as laughable as the Di Matteo sacking. If it gets to February time and we're still in this position, then I'd consider it.

We will not be in that position come March.

Love the whole give the manager time thing. So cliche.

What is he doing at the moment to earn more time?

The team is tumbling down the table.

None, absolutely none of the players are playing well, and we do have number of very good payers.

Never mind ugly, the football is pointless and completely unproductive.

What is he showing to allow any kind of faith in him? Help me understand.

How do people expect this to be turned around exactly?

The simplest thing you would have expected him to try by now i.e. changing formation, he has refused to do! Arrogantly exclaiming that none of the fans were talking about formations or tactics last year.

The situation is ridiculous. It's only going to be harder to recover the longer he stays.

Based on what? :lol:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I feared this thread might come. Don't think it's warranted yet, we still have more than half the season to go, but the last three matches havn't been good, but it aint December the 21rst yet.

Can we get worse than what we are?

One for Neil perhaps, is this any worse than Everton usually start a season?

Could have been 5-6 today. It's gone too far now imo. S'ton ffs!!

Just for a bit of perspective, in January last season, Everton had been beaten 2-1 at home to Bolton and were 2 points off the bottom 6.

Wonder if their performances had been THIS FUCKING BAD.

Definitely. Some ridiculous comments in this thread.

Love the whole give the manager time thing. So cliche.

What is he doing at the moment to earn more time?

The team is tumbling down the table.

None, absolutely none of the players are playing well, and we do have number of very good payers.

Never mind ugly, the football is pointless and completely unproductive.

What is he showing to allow any kind of faith in him? Help me understand.

How do people expect this to be turned around exactly?

The simplest thing you would have expected him to try by now i.e. changing formation, he has refused to do! Arrogantly exclaiming that none of the fans were talking about formations or tactics last year.

The situation is ridiculous. It's only going to be harder to recover the longer he stays.

Say we sack him tomorrow, who is a credible and available replacement who would work for Ashley?

Our confidence is shot and we're on a losing streak - how worse do you want it? :lol:

I want to say yes. You could ask the same question after the West Ham, Swansea and Maritimo games.

Guest sicko2ndbest

As long as the payout isn't too much losing AP wouldn't be too disruptive

The scouting network, which is the main reason for last seasons 5th place would stay the same