Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And who is going to replace Pardew ffs?

I fully recognise the bloke needs to take a serious look at himself and sort things out with the team but this is his first poor run as manager. And you lot want him out straight away, ridiculous. Do you reckon things would be this bad if a normal board had given him the funds to strengthen.

Pardew's got issues but seems to me like people are throwing the book at Pardew without looking at the bigger picture and those above him,

He got us promoted, beat the Mackems 5-1 and won at Arsenal - there's no way he's going to get sacked...

He's Sir Bobby Robson. He's taken us to the Champions League, we finished 5th last season - there's no way he's going to get sacked...

etc. etc.

Under Ashley, Better the devil we know tbh.

Agree with this. If there was a guarantee that Martinez or someone of similar ilk would come in then I'd get rid right now, but we'd likely have another Kinnear-esque type in if we binned Pardew.

Me being optimistic, but Garcia from Lille. Think he'd jump at it as well. Taken them as far as he can, knows the market we shop in, can deal with having his better players sold and still doing well...might bring Debuchy along with him too.

But I think we all know Pardew's here for the long haul, or at least until relegation is a real danger (and I'm talking about being this position in Feb/March rather than with a third of the season gone).

what makes anyone think martinez would come here?

Lambert left a bigger club than Wigan to manage Villa. Swansea attracted Laudrup. Fulham have got Jol.

Even if it's not Martinez I find the idea we couldn't attract somebody who could coach decent football into our squad a bit mad. Even if it is Ashley/Llambias, I think you'd have a queue of managers willing to do it.

I agree, the opposing attitude is exactly what Ashley and his oiks want the fans to think.  There's an undercurrent of "Little old Newcastle, we're lucky to even be in the top league, so forget about properly competing" within day-to-day communications and also wider level stuff, and it's fucking bullshit.  We're not Man Utd, but we're being completely shortchanged with the lack of ambition shown at the club.  In that sense Ashley and Pardew are a very good fit.

Sack-able performance today. Simpson and Williamson glaringly bad, but the man has a choice to not play them (despite limited options). Its simply no good. I really, really, really, really, reeeeeaaallllyyy, really don't give a fuck that we finished 5th last year- that's not going to save us when we're in the bottom 3/4 at Christmas. The guy hasn't a clue and is making each game more and more unbearable, I don't care if there's not many free agents up for the job...maybe Mike Ashley could for once just grow a pair and pay decent money to improve us and poach someone like Martinez from Wigan.

If he's not sacked tomorrow morning and we see a similar result & performance against Stoke (and maybe even Wigan) then it's a very worrying thought as to how far we'll have to sink for him to be sacked.

I'm all in favour of him being sacked, I never wanted him in the first place, and I've never wavered from the opinion that he's a charlatan and a very poor manager. Houghton is way ahead of him. Who to replace him with, well someone like Martinez or some up and coming young continental manager, not sure who.