Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it means bringing Martinez is then I'm all for it, though I really cannot see that happening so for the time being it might actually be a case of better the devil you know with Llambias and Ashley running things.

If it means bringing Martinez is then I'm all for it, though I really cannot see that happening so for the time being it might actually be a case of better the devil you know with Llambias and Ashley running things.

Looking at the fixtures we'll probs be in the relegation battle at x-mas. Whatever the pain is it'll be better than gowing down.

The ONLY good thing about losing and being utter shit is the hope that a managerial change will bring a change in fortunes. It's so depressing now because we can't even look forward to that. If Pardew does get sacked it won't be until the end of the season, and he's certainly going nowhere even then, if we stay up.

I'd rather have the embarrassment of sacking a manager that has just been given an 8 year contract combined with intrigue of who we might bring in than have to put up with more of our fun-draining football.

I barely even enjoy it when we win FFS.

The fear of being seen as a laughing stock for sacking a poor manager is really nonsensical. Sticking with a poor manager out of fealty to the tenet of 'giving people time' even if you realise they don't have it in them is far more silly than changing managers until you find the right fit, and then sticking with the guy in charge.

Bring in Roberto Martinez, good experience managing relegation battlers.

He wouldn't come, him and Dave Whelan pretty much toss each other off every chance they get.

Toss each other off?  :pokerface:

Yeah, they are best buds.

The ONLY good thing about losing and being utter shit is the hope that a managerial change will bring a change in fortunes. It's so depressing now because we can't even look forward to that. If Pardew does get sacked it won't be until the end of the season, and he's certainly going nowhere even then, if we stay up.

Mashley will be about protecting his PL TV money, don't worry about that.

8 Year contract !!!  He aint going to be sacked after a few defeats.

This.

He will be given more time and probably one signing of up to £8m in Jan. Pardew won't quit and his manager of the year award will keep him trying and believing he can turn this around.

Unless Pardew and Ashley fall out nothing will change until it's too late.

what makes anyone think martinez would come here?

Lambert left a bigger club than Wigan to manage Villa. Swansea attracted Laudrup. Fulham have got Jol.

Even if it's not Martinez I find the idea we couldn't attract somebody who could coach decent football into our squad a bit mad. Even if it is Ashley/Llambias, I think you'd have a queue of managers willing to do it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't have too many complaints tbh

Would like to give Martinez a go

Could have been 6 today, not good enough and hasn't been for a while

Martinez turned Liverpool down and has Ashley's nemesis as chairman, no chance

Would hate Hughes

Not sure who else there is?

Di Matteo?