Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

What do you reckon lads, Dominos or a kebab? Comfort food should make me feel better...

Depends on if money is tight.  If so, get Kebab.

It is the logical choice after a few bevvies actually...

Shola coming on at LW instead of Marveaux is alarming lack of understanding.

Vurnon Anita keeps getting better. A positive to take. Don't think we played too badly but it was largely down to Fulham not being all that and us having some very talented players. The last ditch defending and uncertain situations we found ourselves in, maaaan. We were tactically a mess again. 59 formations every game. Santon or Ben Arfa the only outlet.

We played right into Hangeland's (head). Time and time again.

When we did play the ball on the deck in those dangerous positions, we could have got somewhere. Shame 99% of the time we passed it out wide to Simpson whose cross was cut out by Hangeland. Time and time again.

Not once all game did anybody gamble on the near post, would have scored at the end if they had, fucking pathetic.

Guest malandro

I'd really like to see Santon moved to the right. There were a number of situations tonight where we really needed him to be able to use his left foot, and he couldn't.

And then he wouldn't be able to beat a man because all he does is cut in? It takes real skill to beat a man on the outside. Get bored of players who cut in and do nowt being over rated. Still agree he'd be better on the right than Simpson who is rubbish going forward.

One of the reasons we did have that good spell was our fullbacks beeing pushed up. When they are pushed up like that the wingers doesn't have huge amount of space to run into without beeing under pressure. Usually Pardew just lets the fullbacks stay far back, and we are easily counterd at. Why on earth doesn't he let his fullbacks push up?

Guest malandro

Pardew:

- Soft goal to concede

- We played some our best attacking play of the season

- Really need to get some points on the board

Probably almost true, sadly.

I'd really like to see Santon moved to the right. There were a number of situations tonight where we really needed him to be able to use his left foot, and he couldn't.

And then he wouldn't be able to beat a man because all he does is cut in? It takes real skill to beat a man on the outside. Get bored of players who cut in and do nowt being over rated. Still agree he'd be better on the right than Simpson who is rubbish going forward.

I wasn't thinking particularly of him beating his man on the outside. It's more about getting his cross in more quickly.

For sure, there are advantages and disadvantages either way. If we had a good right back, I could understand it though. But we don't.

Pardew must be a fucking rubbish coach if we spend all week defending, that was an absolute fucking horror show. The attacking football and link play from midfield was for a change much much better, makes no difference if we can't defend a simple set piece though.

His subs were once again stupid and ill-timed, and I really fear for us now. We are in danger and Pardew needs to fucking sort this out.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul 7 smart saves

Simpson 6 a stand out defender, which says it all.

Williamson 5 poor but got better

Coloccini 6 terrible first half and really looks out of sorts. Tried second half.

Santon 5 poor tracking back, but still neat on the ball

Anita 7 I like him a fair bit, tries to keep it on the ground and works his arse off.

Tiote 3 Shockingly bad first half, better second.

Jonas 3 Shouldnt be starting, he's a passenger that works his arse off for absolutely no reason.

HBA 7 A fucking excellent footballer that moves into space, attacks players and makes things happen. Him and luck are our only hope to make things happen under Pardew

Ba 5 Nothing fell for him

Cisse 5 Bad first half, but playing better overall. Absolutely ridiculous to see how he's being utilised.

Pardew 0 Jonas in the line up. Not playing to our strengths. Looks and probably is clueless. The most jaw-droppingly bad substitution I've ever seen. I can't stand the bloke.

The problems:

1) Pardew for bringing in Ameobi after covering the 2nd goal. I mean what an inspirational change like for like withBen Arfa. God what a waste of time. We already had 2 forwards in the field with no good service . What was Ameobi going to add. More fouls, more off sides ? Why not bringing in Marvoux instead especially when there is 20 minutes still to play. And this brings me to the 2nd problem

2) why did Pardew leave the substitution of Bigi and Marvoux till it was useless. These double substitutions work best when given enough time like Sir Bobby Robson used to around 70th minute. These two should have come in instead of the useless Ameobi.

3) Williamson, Gutierez and Tiote should not be first choice anymore. Williamson is reallytbe weakest li k in our defense. Gutierez is getting slower and slower. Not adding any attacking threat. Not doing enough to warrant him a position in the team. Tiote needs to play like his first 2 seasons where he bossed the midfield. He kept giving away the ball as his passing was very lacking in quality and putting the team in needless pressure.

3) Cisse is a waste on the wing. he is doesn't know how to play that wide role. He is a central striker full stop. He would defininetly have more chances in front of goal than out and out wide.

It's a shame that we are not doing something about such glaring defects.