Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll was born with the make-up for tremendous physical advantages which not even our 'academy' could negate.

At his best he's got so much more than just a physical advantage. Don't get me wrong, he's a fucking specimen, but he's actually a very good, technical, footballer on his day. He's an absolute anomaly where our recent homegrown talent is concerned.

Carroll was born with the make-up for tremendous physical advantages which not even our 'academy' could negate.

At his best he's got so much more than just a physical advantage. Don't get me wrong, he's a f***ing specimen, but he's actually a very good, technical, footballer on his day. He's an absolute anomaly where our recent homegrown talent is concerned.

Didn't ever quite know if he would amount to much, but then he hit a stride that still gives me chills. The way he played the first half of that season back up before that Daglish thunderbastard of a transfer offer....

There's one thing i wish we did to negate this.

We all know how ridiculously overpriced English players are, but why the f*ck why we are not trying our very hardest to improve the youth development to bring these players through is beyond me.

Seems a happy marriage, the fat man can still be a cheap asshole and we have players coming from to keep the fans happy and have players we can relate to.

At his best he's got so much more than just a physical advantage. Don't get me wrong, he's a f***ing specimen, but he's actually a very good, technical, footballer on his day. He's an absolute anomaly where our recent homegrown talent is concerned.

Didn't ever quite know if he would amount to much, but then he hit a stride that still gives me chills. The way he played the first half of that season back up before that Daglish thunderbastard of a transfer offer....

Yep, be was brilliant - even if it was fuelled by physical dominance and relentless determination. Showed glimpses of his best at West Ham last season, too. To my annoyance.

There's one thing i wish we did to negate this.

We all know how ridiculously overpriced English players are, but why the f*ck why we are not trying our very hardest to improve the youth development to bring these players through is beyond me.

Seems a happy marriage, the fat man can still be a cheap asshole and we have players coming from to keep the fans happy and have players we can relate to.

I do believe they have increased their spend on youth development (Membership revenue going straight to the Academy IIRC).

Just a case of they don't know how to use the money.

At his best he's got so much more than just a physical advantage. Don't get me wrong, he's a fucking specimen, but he's actually a very good, technical, footballer on his day. He's an absolute anomaly where our recent homegrown talent is concerned.

If he'd been born shorter, smaller and with less explosiveness he'd be in League One with the rest of the rubbish from our youth setup.

Changes in YD take years to display results, it took us a decade to begin to regularly produce good players since Cruyff reformed the whole thing mirroring the Ajax systems. You're possibly paying the neglect of 10 years ago (assuming there was one, I wasn't around). Whatever positive changes you'd be making now will take years to root and permeate.

I too agree that nothing beats the feeling of a local lad turning out for your team and being key to its success.

Carroll was helped by playing in the best side in the championship pure and simple. He was a good player already but him & Ranger both made a step up about half way through that season. Carroll kept going & Rangers behaviour ruined him.

Changes in YD take years to display results, it took us a decade to begin to regularly produce good players since Cruyff reformed the whole thing mirroring the Ajax systems. You're possibly paying the neglect of 10 years ago (assuming there was one, I wasn't around). Whatever positive changes you'd be making now will take years to root and permeate.

I too agree that nothing beats the feeling of a local lad turning out for your team and being key to its success.

Aye agree, just get the feeling we are not actually trying that hard to rectify those issues and if we are we are not investing correctly.

Carroll was helped by playing in the best side in the championship pure and simple. He was a good player already but him & Ranger both made a step up about half way through that season. Carroll kept going & Rangers behaviour ruined him.

That and the fact Ranger had no Premier League talent whatsoever.

That and the fact Ranger had no Premier League talent whatsoever.

Disagree with that like. He was a total nob obviously, but he was a handful for defenders and was more mobile than Carroll.

I wouldn't say that we are bad at producing talent more the case that we are bad at nurturing it.

It's not too long ago that the captain of the English football team was a Geordie and when you compare that to other areas that's a pretty damn good achievement and that's just one example.

Guest SJV03

Great player tbf

Questionable attitude though and I am surprised your fans have taken to him so quickly after he basically told you to get fucked (to go to a smaller and already doomed club purely for money) in January

The fact it's a loan deal could be genius or terrible for you