Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Shaken somewhat from my Pardew-induced apathy tonight by the bent as a fifteen-bob note performance from the referee.

Also, Everton are an absolute bunch of cowards. How disappointing.

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. f***ing s*** on their second goal.

The whole team needs a rest. We're just pissing away Premier League games here and wasting a fuckload of energy and injuries to boot. Now is the perfect time to bring in a decent manager. Someone who can con the group into believing their bodies aren't tired, and our season isn't a shipwreck just yet.

Even when our "big" players do come back over the next month, they're going to be playing with walking corpses who are dead on their feet.

Thankful for the FA cup. About 50/50 we'll go out, but I'd play all youth. Dummett/Newton/whoever the f*** isn't on loan. We'll lose, but at least it's not another lost PL game.

Sorry mate but I don't buy that at all. Why would they be any more tired than any other premier league team?

If its a problem with fitness then that needs to be addressed by club staff but I don't buy the idea that they're dead on their feet.

We're losing games because of tactics, lack of ideas and perhaps the loss of certain key creative players.

f***ing shameful, f***ing shameful.

Tiote should never play for this club again, Williamson should never play for this club again and they need to seriously fine Santon for his performances.

Pardew needs to take a f***ing long hard look at himself, once again he has decided to take off our only player who attacking (Obertan) for a defensive minded player. Shola, how the f*** has he managed to be at this club for so long?, if we weren't so low on numbers I'd tell him to p*ss off.

In fact if I was Pardew I'd have thrown Tiote's and Williamson's stuff out of the dressing room and told them never to come back, don't even bother f***ing bother coming back for training.

There was no urgency at all from our players today, even when we were a goal down with little time left there was just no urgency.

The game was made harder by the fact that the referee gave them every single decision which lead to them just throwing themselves to floor whenever they didn't have the ball, the referee and Everton's diving antics should be investigated by the FA but we all know they won't be.

I was saying to my stepdad when the clash of heads happened that at some point their is going to be situation of "boy who cried wolf" and one time when someone is seriously hurt it's just going to be ignored because of diving antics that are happening now.

As for us, Pardew really needs to grow some balls, drop the players who aren't performing, Santon, Tiote (off to the ACN now in anyway), Simpson, Shola, Williamson, it's either that or face us dropping needless points. 

:undecided:

Shaken somewhat from my Pardew-induced apathy tonight by the bent as a fifteen-bob note performance from the referee.

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. Fucking shit on their second goal.

I know Coloccini is held to a different standard due to his quality but Santon was most to blame for their second.  As usual watching the ball with no idea where the player he should be marking is until its too late.

Guest andrew

Positionally we were terrible imo... no one understood their roles, players often were nowhere to be seen and it got even worse when pardew made his crazy subs (as per) when everyone looked baffled.

Krul- 5

Perch- 4

Williamson- 3

Colo- 4

Santon- 4

Tiote- 2

Anita- 5.5

Marv- 5.5

Cisse- 6

Shola- 2

Ober- 6

Bigi- 4

Sammy- 5.5

Ranger- 5

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

I think literally the opposite to everything you've just said there. They're not our strengths, Pardew has just made us believe that. We've got skill, flair and close-control in the squad - and we looked completely bereft of ideas once the manager had us booting it long.

He withdrew Obertan immediately after he looked the only player capable of getting into the box and shooting.

So frustrating, I felt the players were up for it and they put the effort in, but our tactics and the referee were utter shit.

Everton were surprisingly poor aswell, they were physically weak and average on the ball. Fellaini is just as big a salad tosser as Bale, Suarez, Young, and whoever else you want to mention.

f***ing shameful, f***ing shameful.

Tiote should never play for this club again, Williamson should never play for this club again and they need to seriously fine Santon for his performances.

Pardew needs to take a f***ing long hard look at himself, once again he has decided to take off our only player who attacking (Obertan) for a defensive minded player. Shola, how the f*** has he managed to be at this club for so long?, if we weren't so low on numbers I'd tell him to p*ss off.

In fact if I was Pardew I'd have thrown Tiote's and Williamson's stuff out of the dressing room and told them never to come back, don't even bother f***ing bother coming back for training.

There was no urgency at all from our players today, even when we were a goal down with little time left there was just no urgency.

The game was made harder by the fact that the referee gave them every single decision which lead to them just throwing themselves to floor whenever they didn't have the ball, the referee and Everton's diving antics should be investigated by the FA but we all know they won't be.

I was saying to my stepdad when the clash of heads happened that at some point their is going to be situation of "boy who cried wolf" and one time when someone is seriously hurt it's just going to be ignored because of diving antics that are happening now.

As for us, Pardew really needs to grow some balls, drop the players who aren't performing, Santon, Tiote (off to the ACN now in anyway), Simpson, Shola, Williamson, it's either that or face us dropping needless points. 

If I were Pardew I'd just resign

Really want to hear Pardew's post match comments, genuinely intrigued as to where he thinks we went wrong

Don't expect an analysis... Things just went against us today, injuries, Demba leaving getting into players heads, story of the past few weeks.. blah blah blah. Don't panic infront of the camera, shit yourself Pardew off it. Better be a big week in the transfer window or you could very well be fucked. Another loss at Brighton (which looks destined) and the shit will almost certainly hit the fan, or the fans like usual.

Guest Wally_McFool

Debuchy will probably change his mind and stay at Lille after watching that shower of shite  :dave:

Ba might be thinking the same after watching Chelsea  tonight :D

How are so many people just blaming the ref for our loss? The team and Pardew have to take the blame for this one. Second half subs showed the workings of a mad man. Those subs... incredible. John Carver will do a better job from the current showing.

A new manager?Who the f*** will we get?

This.

It's not going to happen. Not yet. The fans will turn if we lose to Brighton again though, then it is a true up hill battle. Everything is going to depend on signings to keep the discontent simmering long enough to hopefully pick up some points. Worrying.

Special mentions to Tiote and Williamson, who were both horrific tonight. Sick of the sight of them.

Almost saw another Willo spectacular og, fortunate save from Timmy boy.  Williamson clearly not good enough

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. Fucking shit on their second goal.

I know Coloccini is held to a different standard due to his quality but Santon was most to blame for their second.  As usual watching the ball with no idea where the player he should be marking is until its too late.

It was a difficult situation tracking running markers, but Colo had him properly contained as far as I could see. There was no magic/trickery pace to get by him, it was just a massive lapse in concentration by Colo (who turned his head fully around?!) and it wasn't even a hard-hit cross to get past Colo - he was just asleep. I haven't seen a replay of it mind you, but that's how it seemed to me in real time.

Special mentions to Tiote and Williamson, who were both horrific tonight. Sick of the sight of them.

Tiote's actually has more bad games than good at this club and has got away with it for far too long because he tends to do well in the televised games against the big teams. I'd sell him in a second.

Guest ItalianMagpie

At least this time we tried, we created some danger, we fought. Unfortunately we can't avoid to concede, and when you concede 2-3 times per match you don't get points in EPL. In this it really looks like the relegation season. We need a CB, and Tiote should fuck off to the likes of Shrewsbury or Accrington, he's simply not good enough for this level and he's damn brainless.

If we sign a good CB and we have no more serious injuries we'll be fine.

We can blame the ref all we like, yeah it doesn't help, but fuck sake, we are dreadful. No ideas, too many players being carried, lack of tactics, no one knowing their roles, poor subs, list is endless. But yeah, it's the ref.

One of the things that annoyed me the most where the incident when Anita was SCREAMING for the ball, all open on the right side and when Sammy gets the ball, he passes it to his piss poor brother instead of going out right to Anita. It seemed to be a pattern as well the shola-sammy linkup. Fucking furious to watch Anita having more space then anyone on the pitch yet he wouldn't pass to him.