Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He doesn't work as hard as Paddy. He's more of a Yaya. Vieira is much better defensively.

If we had Vieira, I'd play him. Question is if he works as hard as Tiote or Anita.

I'm not saying it's the best formation or his best position, it's just a tactical possibility.

He doesn't work as hard as Paddy. He's more of a Yaya. Vieira is much better defensively.

If we had Vieira, I'd play him. Question is if he works as hard as Tiote or Anita.

I'm not saying it's the best formation or his best position, it's just a tactical possibility.

No I don't think he would. "Work hard" sounds bad but Siss and yaya just aren't all that switched on defensively imo. For some games, such as Stoke, definitely. Don't think it's Siss long-term position.

This is a completely meaningless point at this juncture because he hasn't yet been employed in a role that would necessitate working as hard as Vieira.

Him destroying cole has to go down as one of the moments of the season

Yeah, I was making a joke to Ste when it happened pretending to be Cole.

"Wwwwwhat happened?, how?, why? but I wanted to win, why? why? why?"

More of a you had to be there moment to find it funny.

Guest icemanblue

Him destroying cole has to go down as one of the moments of the season

Yeah, I was making a joke to Ste when it happened pretending to be Cole.

"Wwwwwhat happened?, how?, why? but I wanted to win, why? why? why?"

More of a you had to be there moment to find it funny.

Doubt it.

For all the times I had seen him in France, I always felt like he was a bit wasted playing deep and seemed much more a threat when given license to just cause problems everywhere on the pitch with his trademark half-pitch runs and bulldozing people left and right.

I think his role as it currently stands is perfect for us now, but if we were to get someone in capable of playing his role better, then as long as he's somewhere on the pitch with instructions to attack and help out in defense when he can, then I'm all for it.

Personally, I think we'd be losing a lot of our counter attack if he was shackled to play deep. I just want this brilliant bastard on the pitch causing havoc like he is now. As it currently stands, through the handful of games hes played - he is just too essential in our attack to be moved anywhere else. I'm all for some experimentation this summer/next season though as long as we are using his strengths to the max and getting results.

No I don't think he would. "Work hard" sounds bad but Siss and yaya just aren't all that switched on defensively imo. For some games, such as Stoke, definitely. Don't think it's Siss long-term position.

I think we agree then, because it is exactly for game like Stoke, that I think that formation would be a good idea. I do think he would hold his own defensively in that role, he does have an amazing engine, as well as the physical attributes.

Being misused tonight. Should definitely be playing deeper, so he can get involved more/stamp his authority on the game. It also means when he picks it up, he'll have space to run into, and maybe a little give'n'go with Marv.

Absolutely wasted against a team defending as deeply as Anzhi are, especially since they seem pretty organised.

Being misused tonight. Should definitely be playing deeper, so he can get involved more/stamp his authority on the game. It also means when he picks it up, he'll have space to run into, and maybe a little give'n'go with Marv.

Absolutely wasted against a team defending as deeply as Anzhi are, especially since they seem pretty organised.

Yep. Box-to-box player.

Drop him back a bit

Sunday i'd go (as long as Cabaye's fit)

Elliot

Debuchy    Saylor    Mbiwa      Santon

Cabaye                Tiote   

Sissoko

Marv                          Gouffran

Cisse

Guest Dontooner

Looks very tired to be honest, he probably cover 1/4 less ground than he used to. He needs a break soon

Looks very tired to be honest, he probably cover 1/4 less ground than he used to. He needs a break soon

Yep, I think so. He runs hard for 90+ every game. We can afford to give him a rest I think.

Yep, I think so. He runs hard for 90+ every game. We can afford to give him a rest I think.

Honestly rather he had Man City off. Harsh on the fans going, but we've got QF/Fulham/QF/Mackems in 10 days after that.

Defo give him the City game off, although the other argument is that we play the strongest team possible and go for it.  A win, although unlikely, would do wonders for confidence before the QF games.  We need to get on a role of winning well to have a chance in the Cup IMO.