Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going forward is Dummett's role though. It's every full-back's role. He's just s*** at it. This isn't the thread for it but we're going to have major problems next season if our only overlapping threat is Yedlin. We're going to need to sign a bloody good left-winger capable of killing a ball stone dead from over his shpulder with a defender up his arse next season to compensate for it

You could equally argue that Dummett's lazy for not showing any improvement in overlapping, crossing a ball, etc in 3-4 years as a starting full-back.

Again not the place for it...But that is only his role if that's the tactic the manager is deploying. I suspect in a Benitez team that actually isn't his role per sé. Yedlin isn't great defensively and actually that's more what I (and I suspect Rafa) consider his role. That's not to say I think either is better but that's partially why Dummet was one of our most used players. That and the facts there was less competition there ([emoji38]). Showing a lack of improvement in technical ability isn't necessarily lazy either. Maybe, he just simply cannot get any better.

My point in this regardless is that Sissoko often didn't do as I suspect he was told and also didn't have the right attitude. Every one of our players from this season has.

I think the fact he spent £5m on a regular left-back from Serie A, who's profile is the complete opposite to Dummett, suggests Benitez doesn't particularly see Dummett as a first-choice. It hasn't worked out with Lazaar, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone like that again this summer.

Fair point and I agree that it wouldn't be a shock. I just don't necessarily foresee us deploying overlapping wing backs much (if at all) next season and I certainly don't think Dummett is as bad as often made out.

Fair point and I agree that it wouldn't be a shock. I just don't necessarily foresee us deploying overlapping wing backs much (if at all) next season and I certainly don't think Dummett is as bad as often made out.

It's all about opinions and we all have differing ones to a certain degree.  I think he's a poor footballer but that doesn't make me right, it's just my opinion.

The likes of Dummett & Gouffran are never worthy of hatred because it's clear their making the most of their limited talent.

I'm with Heron, would sooner watch the likes of them give their all in a Newcastle kit than have another Sissoko strolling around, interested only in the paycheck.

Gouffran's only hated because Pardew kept on playing him when he was absolutely shite. It was a slow transformation iirc, from "this guy looks exactly what we've needed" to "he isn't good enough, stop playing him please" to "I wish he would die".

Sissoko's was a pretty sudden "this guy looks amazing" to "actually this guy looks shite, but he can run with a ball*".

*something we desperately needed.

The likes of Dummett & Gouffran are never worthy of hatred because it's clear their making the most of their limited talent.

I'm with Heron, would sooner watch the likes of them give their all in a Newcastle kit than have another Sissoko strolling around, interested only in the paycheck.

I don't think there's any reason why Gouffran couldn't be a better player than he is. He has a decent touch and strike on him but always takes the easy option and never tries anything difficult

Going forward is Dummett's role though. It's every full-back's role. He's just s*** at it. This isn't the thread for it but we're going to have major problems next season if our only overlapping threat is Yedlin. We're going to need to sign a bloody good left-winger capable of killing a ball stone dead from over his shpulder with a defender up his arse next season to compensate for it

You could equally argue that Dummett's lazy for not showing any improvement in overlapping, crossing a ball, etc in 3-4 years as a starting full-back.

Again not the place for it...But that is only his role if that's the tactic the manager is deploying. I suspect in a Benitez team that actually isn't his role per sé. Yedlin isn't great defensively and actually that's more what I (and I suspect Rafa) consider his role. That's not to say I think either is better but that's partially why Dummet was one of our most used players. That and the facts there was less competition there ([emoji38]). Showing a lack of improvement in technical ability isn't necessarily lazy either. Maybe, he just simply cannot get any better.

My point in this regardless is that Sissoko often didn't do as I suspect he was told and also didn't have the right attitude. Every one of our players from this season has.

I think the fact he spent £5m on a regular left-back from Serie A, who's profile is the complete opposite to Dummett, suggests Benitez doesn't particularly see Dummett as a first-choice. It hasn't worked out with Lazaar, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone like that again this summer.

I feel that Rafa likes the option of an "attacking" fullback or a "defensive" fullback - on the right it was supposed to be Gamez or Yedlin, and on the left Dummett or Lazaar. He's a man who likes to change his tactics in order to maximise his chances of a result. Therefore I agree that there will be a new "attacking" left back purchased, but he won't necessarily be a starter every week. Just those weeks Rafa wants to attack down the left as opposed to securing the left flank.

But yeah, fuck Sissoko.

• 2 weeks later...

Article in the Chronicle says he has let rip at Pocchetino (poor communicator, always plays the same XI as the year before), announced his World Cup ambitions are at risk and listed a number of clubs he wants to join.

Guest neesy111

Article in the Chronicle says he has let rip at Pocchetino (poor communicator, always plays the same XI as the year before), announced his World Cup ambitions are at risk and listed a number of clubs he wants to join.

He deserves Pardew.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Link?

Sissoko says he would prefer to stay in England and he has “not closed the door” on Everton.

bahahaha.  What a mercenary, selfish cunt.

Get the feeling triggs would be called to defend Sissoko if he was ever charged with any sort of criminal offence like.

He's clearly a bit of an idiot, no need to make things up about what he's said though

Get the feeling triggs would be called to defend Sissoko if he was ever charged with any sort of criminal offence like.

He's clearly a bit of an idiot, no need to make things up about what he's said though

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10898369/moussa-sissoko-says-last-season-at-tottenham-was-the-worst-of-his-career

Who is making it up exactly? :lol: He's sprouting the same old shit that he always has.

"You can never be sure of anything," Sissoko told L'Equipe.

"Once again, what I want is for everything to be clear. If the manager is no longer counting on me, if he thinks that other players are better, then he should say it.

"The idea is to be clear very early to allow, if I need to leave, for my agent to do good work… Even if everyone knows that I prefer England, I have never closed the door to any league.

"We will see what the offers are, but Ligue 1 continues to be attractive. We have seen this year with PSG and Monaco but also teams like Nice, Lyon and Marseille. We will analyse everything and try to make the best choice.

"I fell from a high point this season. Even though I never thought I would play all the games, I was not expecting such a small amount of playing time.

"It was the worst season of my career even though as a team it was certainly the best, so it's weird. We'll talk with my agent to make the best decision. My goal is to go to the 2018 World Cup."

One thing Sissoko has asked for, though, is an honest appraisal from Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino about where his future lies this summer.

"I would like him to communicate better," he added.

"I want a completely honest conversation to see what they plan to do, what they are seeing in terms of my future. From that moment on, everything will be clearer in my head."

He just isn't a very good footballer. Just power and pace running forward, and it works for him at times when he gets lucky with his ball transportation running in to space. Don't want him near our club! Whinging cunt.