Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Dave Whelan, Monday: "I am not going to criticise Norman Deeley - these things happen in football. He came over the ball but he didn't do it with the aim of breaking my leg."

Dave Whelan, Lancashire Evening Telegraph 2010: "Norman Deeley came right over the ball. Today he would have been sent off and banned for a long time. He came six inches over the ball, he came for me not the ball."

This needs to be fucking circulated

Re-refereeing games would certainly take a lot of pressure off Ref's in my view rather than undermine them. As would a video review in a situation such as this.  Mistakes wouldn't cause as much outrage by not getting dealt with at all and might actually improve the refereeing standards. Shame the Dinosaurs in charge can't see it

Re-refereeing games would certainly take a lot of pressure off Ref's in my view rather than undermine them. As would a video review in a situation such as this.  Mistakes wouldn't cause as much outrage by not getting dealt with at all and might actually improve the refereeing standards. Shame the Dinosaurs in charge can't see it

What would FIFA say about this, though?

Life is life, this is football we're talking about.

Ridiculous to talk about murders and burglaries in the same arguement.

i just can't see what good banning him was going to do for NUFC, complete waste of time.

Ignoring the examples given, you are saying you don't want the player who has assaulted our player punished? You aren't bothered he has gotten away with it?

I am bothered he didn't get sent off, but banning him after the event doesn't help us one iota.

It's not about us being helped though. It's about giving the message to all players that they have to take some responsibility for one another's safety and not go into tackles with that level of aggression. It's about helping players in all clubs in the future.

Whelan has done the worst possible thing for his player, because his message, coupled with the FA's response, will probably make McManaman think he's done nothing wrong. I can appreciate the FA needing to follow certain guidelines, but Whelan is in a different position and he's spoken out in a selfish and idiotic way.

From the point of view of McManaman's future, he'd have been better off getting a punishment. As it is, he's going to come up against various people inside and outside the game who think a score still needs to be settled. He'd better hope Haidara plays again.

Fifa agree apparently

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9198568/Fifa-says-FA-could-take-retrospective-action-next-season.html

Some prick from the FA on talksport giving bullshit excuses as to why no punishment could be given.  He used the example of Ben Thatcher as an incident they could intervene with as it was deemed to not being in contest for the ball.

If that's the case, what about the elbow by Rooney did not so long ago where the FA again did fuck all.

They are a disgrace and corrupt just as much as any other football body.  This is why technology has always been rebuffed so many times as it takes away the advantage of the so called top teams. The lame excuse that it'll take too long is bullshit.  The amount of time teams complain after an incident far exceed the time it would take someone to view a replay and say yes\no.

Hope Ashley does take legal proceedings and screws the little cunt.

what do you class as re-refereeing games ?going through every decision ? handing out retrospective yellow cards for a shirt pull ?

it's not too bad as it is apart from the stupidity of whether the officials saw it or not when it's a violent incident. any violent incident that the officials miss or are deemed to have got wrong should be reviewed.

Fifa agree apparently

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9198568/Fifa-says-FA-could-take-retrospective-action-next-season.html

In that case Blatter or Platini should surely weigh in on this subject and clarify their positions.

what do you class as re-refereeing games ?going through every decision ? handing out retrospective yellow cards for a shirt pull ?

it's not too bad as it is apart from the stupidity of whether the officials saw it or not when it's a violent incident. any violent incident that the officials miss or are deemed to have got wrong should be reviewed.

No. Just major incidents such as this, I was using the FA's terminology, sorry for the confusion

Fifa agree apparently

That's from April 2012, following the Balotelli/Song incident, where FIFA told the FA they could change their rules about retrospective bans in summer 2012.

As we have seen today, the FA clearly chose not to.

Fifa agree apparently

That's from April 2012, following the Balotelli/Song incident, where FIFA told the FA they could change their rules about retrospective bans in summer 2012.

As we have seen today, the FA clearly chose not to.

Correct

Just watching SSN

Bunn's red upheld and will serve 3 match ban for handling outside the box, Zaha gets a 1 match ban for making a gesture to Leeds fans.

Whereas McManaman gets fuck all....

3 match ban for handling outside the box?

Now I know what Taggart meant with his "wee club in the North East" jibe.

Because had this have been Cleverly or Sterling or Wilshere or Caulker or Cahill or Rodwell in the receiving end, then a retrospective ban would have been dished out.

Now I know what Taggart meant with his "wee club in the North East" jibe.

Because had this have been Cleverly or Sterling or Wilshere or Caulker or Cahill or Rodwell in the receiving end, then a retrospective ban would have been dished out.

And the press would have had whole issues devoted to how much of a thug McManaman is

Just watching SSN

Bunn's red upheld and will serve 3 match ban for handling outside the box, Zaha gets a 1 match ban for making a gesture to Leeds fans.

Whereas McManaman gets f*** all....

3 match ban for handling outside the box?

thought it was one match for a straight red unless violent conduct, then three'

ridiculous