Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

It was a foul, it was a red card, nothing more needed tbh.

Mbiwa was unlucky in the fact Tiote never got out quick enough resulting in Mbiwa then having to give chase, Suarez's first touch to take it into his stride was exceptional though as it gave Mbiwa pretty much no chance of getting back at him. He shouldn’t have made the contact, as although it was likely Suarez would score, he still had work to do in beating Krul.

That contact from Yanga-Mbiwa on Suarez looks light, but at full speed this is more than enough to send someone off balance for .5 seconds, which is enough to end a goalscoring chance when a keeper who is also running full speed is a few yards away

I'm with you on this one, but I don't even think it's that light a touch. If you see the replay from behind Yanga jumps while holding onto Suarez' shoulder, and even changes his direction mid-air from the momentum. Blatant pelanty.

That contact from Yanga-Mbiwa on Suarez looks light, but at full speed this is more than enough to send someone off balance for .5 seconds, which is enough to end a goalscoring chance when a keeper who is also running full speed is a few yards away

I'm with you on this one, but I don't even think it's that light a touch. If you see the replay from behind Yanga jumps while holding onto Suarez' shoulder, and even changes his direction mid-air from the momentum. Blatant pelanty.

:thup:

Most footballers would do it these days, but particularly Suarez.

This is true but he should have known this, know your opponent and in this case know you do not put hands on him in the box. Had he let him go through may have been 1-1 but we would still have 11 men. Krul may have even got a block in, these are the things he will learn from though.

Fuck sake lads get real...if it was Saylor who had done it then he would have been ridiculed.

Don't let the fact that he's a new signing and we desperately want him to be good get in that way of the fact that it was complete and utter madness from him. Liverpool were there for the taking yesterday and we would have beat them if this donkey had of kept his cool.

No need to call him a donkey.

Nothing wrong with showing support for a young lad who's new to the club who we've paid good money for to do well and rally around his good performance leading up to the send-off. It was silly decision by him, calling him a donkey is a bit rude no?

There's also nothing wrong in getting angry at a player much older, much senior than him doing the same thing when he should be more experienced than to do that. Taylor's send-off this season was deliberately elbowing his man on the opening night of the league. Mapou put his arm on Suarez and "dragged" him down trying to defend a goal scoring opportunity. Big fucking difference between the two as well.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair Taylor does stuff like that all the time.

Such as in the 0-3 when he was pulling a fellow all over.

Don't know why he was clapped off like.

I clapped him off because from where I was sitting it looked like he'd played well and been sent off harshly.  I still think it was harsh but I wouldn't have clapped him off if I'd seen him putting his hand on Suarez because that was asking for a card.

Guest neesy111

I clapped him off because from where I was sitting it looked like he'd played well and been sent off harshly.  I still think it was harsh but I wouldn't have clapped him off if I'd seen him putting his hand on Suarez because that was asking for a card.

Imo, in those situations you take the risk of them scoring and not giving the referee a decision to make.

Imo, in those situations you take the risk of them scoring and not giving the referee a decision to make.

It is the logical conclusion but in the heat of the moment and as a defender you do what you can to stop goals... :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

It is the logical conclusion but in the heat of the moment and as a defender you do what you can to stop goals... :dontknow:

Better defenders make the right decisions though in those situations.

Better defenders make the right decisions though in those situations.

You can coach that out of him. He played marvelous leading up to it.

Not sure about that.... i have seen genuine WC defenders in similar situation do the same things.

Its difficult to see a striker through on goal as a defender and think " i'll leave him and hope my goalkeeper saves it".

Of course we all wish he did that but its not an easy thing to do in the heat of the moment.

Hope he learns from it anyway.

Not sure about that.... i have seen genuine WC defenders in similar situation do the same things.

Its difficult to see a striker through on goal as a defender and think " i'll leave him and hope my goalkeeper saves it".

Of course we all wish he did that but its not an easy thing to do in the heat of the moment.

Hope he learns from it anyway.

:thup:

Can't ever remember seeing a defender let an opposition player score. Despite us all now thinking it would have been better just to let him through if MYM did he would have been called worse than shit now.

Edit: As Mick said.