Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Class today, so chuffed for him - this is the type of result and performance from him personally that will buoy him and hopefully spur him on. He needed a big day against a top side, and he's done just that.

Guest bimpy474

Brilliant today, immense.

O0

As Ronaldo has often said he seems to need a leader beside him to just orchestrate

Yep, Williamson play quite well too, but he certainly does talk to the other players. A real shame Willo is a better player to go with it.

What a tank. Shame about the sending off against Liverpool as he'd started that game in the same way and we could have done with him in the derby. Class act today and think he may prefer that left side of defence like Colo does.

TBH it has crossed my mind to leave Colo out when he's available again, as mental as it sounds to suggest. If Mapou is the future then why not just help his development by playing him?

Ian I agree.

I think we need to encourage competition within the side so if your playing well you stay in the side.

If we drop Williamson for Colo it sends the complete wrong message imo

one dodgy moment where another ref might have given a pen (when he was stretched on the ground and hit his arm) but excellent performance.

Dodgy moment? :lol: The only way to prevent that would be to cut his arms off. If a ref gives a pen for that he should be banned from ever officiating football again. :lol:

What a tank. Shame about the sending off against Liverpool as he'd started that game in the same way and we could have done with him in the derby. Class act today and think he may prefer that left side of defence like Colo does.

Basically the criticism towards him was entirely based on being dominated by Lukaku (like everyone is) and one moment against Suarez. We need to chill with our criticism of players sometimes.

Mapou Colo would be my ultimate prefered partnership, albeit harsh on williamson who is in form now nad organises the defence better than colo

no I never want to see them play together after that Everton game. Both talented but I just don't think they work well together.

Basically the criticism towards him was entirely based on being dominated by Lukaku (like everyone is) and one moment against Suarez. We need to chill with our criticism of players sometimes.

Think it was quite a few more moments than that like against other sides like Hull.

Guest icemanblue

He reads the game so well, and his athleticism allows that to work to his advantage. Still has the odd shaky clearance, which is probably down to him being a young lad, I hope. Perfect partner for Williamson.