Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Mersons prediction:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Villa have had a nightmare getting knocked out of the Capital One Cup to Bradford over two legs, that's a shocker. However, I'm not sure going out of the FA Cup is too much of a problem, because they need to concentrate on the league. This is the biggest game for Villa in many a year. If they win they go above Newcastle, if they lose to a team who are struggling badly, they're in major trouble. But Newcastle desperately need a result too. Their five new signings will be hit or miss: they'll either settle as quick as snow or will struggle. It's a big gamble. There are going to be so many nerves in this game - but if Villa can perform how they have been for 45 minutes for 75-80 minutes I think they'll win it.

Has he ever fancied us against anybody?

Mersons prediction:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Villa have had a nightmare getting knocked out of the Capital One Cup to Bradford over two legs, that's a shocker. However, I'm not sure going out of the FA Cup is too much of a problem, because they need to concentrate on the league. This is the biggest game for Villa in many a year. If they win they go above Newcastle, if they lose to a team who are struggling badly, they're in major trouble. But Newcastle desperately need a result too. Their five new signings will be hit or miss: they'll either settle as quick as snow or will struggle. It's a big gamble. There are going to be so many nerves in this game - but if Villa can perform how they have been for 45 minutes for 75-80 minutes I think they'll win it.

Has he ever fancied us against anybody?

Don't think so.

The team news tonight are going to be very interesting indeed.

The team news tonight are going to be very interesting indeed.

Really don't want that familiar sinking feeling once the teams come out.

It's been that way almost every game this season.

Pundit being paid thousands to talk about football, could have at least spent some time researching the players we have bought before commenting.  So goes for most pundits really.

Lazy.

Guest neesy111

Even fielding 5 new players is a good idea if the ones they replace are vastly inferior, as the case is here.

They've all had a good few days to train with each other, so the team should have a good idea about each new player.

Live on Fox Soccer over here (Caribbean) so I'll have to suffer through it. Third game in a row they've shown live, we better play better than against Norwich and Reading. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world. Have to watch Bentake, by far the best forward on the pitch.

Mersons prediction:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

How insightful. #easiestjobalive

Merson not the brightest tool in the box, but a tool all the same.

Sharpest.

He's mildly retarded. I pity him.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/053/674/1554646_display_image.jpg?1332427408