Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

McClaren is going to turn us down. I can feel it coming.

It's like Game of Thrones. Whatever you think the worst-case scenario is, it can always be worse.

Man, I'm all for realism but you've become the forum's irrepressible black cloud recently.

Name one time in the past three years where the worst possible thing hasn't happened to this club.

We didn't get relegated

Debatable.

Pardew said yes to Palace.

Given what happened after, also debatable.

I'll admit that it felt wonderful at the time.

The Pardew one definitely isn't debatable IMO

Like I said, it was amazing and cathartic at the time but how does it help in the long run? We have the same owners and we're stuck with a dude that's 10x worse at managing and just as odious.

I really don't think Carver is going to get the job. I also don't hate Carver nearly as much as Pardew. Pardew is a compulsive liar and a horrible human being while John Carver is just a fucking idiot with a few screws loose

If it is McClaren I'll take solace to the fact he's won the League cup, a Dutch League and got to a European cup final. He at least he has it in him, right? But anytime we've hired coaches who have won trophies, they end up failing spectacularly like Gullit, Dalglish and Souness.  :undecided:

Still would much prefer Viera. Have a feeling we'll reject him and he'll do well at whatever team he ends up with.

It's like Game of Thrones. Whatever you think the worst-case scenario is, it can always be worse.

Man, I'm all for realism but you've become the forum's irrepressible black cloud recently.

Recently ? :lol:

I'm no better mind.

Graham Carr becoming a major problem at the club? Wanting McClaren and those potential signings are hardly inspiring, mixed with his awful record over the last transfer window.

Think overall the quality of signings was good last window, the problem was we didn't sign enough players in the most important positions, but is that Carr's fault?  I'm not sure, would have thought he identifies several players in positions he's asked about and perhaps is part of the process of signing them.  But certainly doesn't get to sign whoever he wants or decide on the overall budget.  I mean Perez and Janmaat were class signings, and I still think De Jong and Cabella will turn out as very good signings as well.  Ok Riviere is shit, but overall the quality and value of the players brought in was very good.  We just needed more money made available for more players so we wouldn't be left so short in certain positions.

It is definitely worrying in one way to hear that Carr is championing McClaren (if true).  Though in another way it could be the only positive we end up with if McClaren does come in.  The knowledge that the manager/head coach will see eye to eye with one of the main people bringing players in, unlike Pardew who quite obviously didn't have the same mind set as Carr or anyone else above him when it came to signings "Mapou who?, I wanted James Facking Tompkins!"

Recently ? :lol:

I'm no better mind.

Believe it or not I was once one of the last optimists/Ashley holdouts here.  :yao:

Thought Perez was credited to that old Rod Stewart thing?

Why isn't that miracle worker heading up our search for a manager? I like to think he's out there right now, trawling the lower divisions of Eastern Europe to unearth some lump of coal who'll turn out to be the next Alex Ferguson.

Thought Perez was credited to that old Rod Stewart thing?

Why isn't that miracle worker heading up our search for a manager? I like to think he's out there right now, trawling the lower divisions of Eastern Europe to unearth some lump of coal who'll turn out to be the next Alex Ferguson.

Wooster's canny, he even checked out my local team once a few years ago.

@LukeEdwardsTele: Been told Carver & Stone will be told today who knew manager is and whether he wants to keep them . Far from certain they will stay #nufc

@LukeEdwardsTele: Been told Carver & Stone will be told today who knew manager is and whether he wants to keep them . Far from certain they will stay #nufc

There is some hope then. But you know with this club, any hope is quickly stamped on. I thought Carver was on holiday and as we know in the football world, despite being in an era of abundant forms of communication, it's impossible to speak to anyone while they are on holiday.

I bet they'll be in demand when they are finally told to fuck off.

There is some hope then. But you know with this club, any hope is quickly stamped on. I thought Carver was on holiday and as we know in the football world, despite being in an era of abundant forms of communication, it's impossible to speak to anyone while they are on holiday.

Hotel concierge is trying to track down a fax machine.

I bet they'll be in demand when they are finally told to f*** off.

They won't be.