Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

From Ashley's standpoint he knows he's got the most pliant sheep fans in the land (loyal) who didn't really turn on Pardew after 4 years of shit and him pissing all over us at every turn.

With that in mind I think Carver might get it and be in the job until Ashley sells.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christophe-galtier-new-newcastle-manager-4900819?

Christophe Galtier will not leave St Etienne for Newcastle “like a thief”, according to the French club’s co-president.

The Marseille-born coach has been linked with the vacancy at the Magpies after winning the League Cup in 2013 and leading Les Verts up to fourth place in Ligue 1 this season.

Galtier, 48, worked briefly in the Premier League as Alain Perrin’s assistant at Portsmouth in 2005.

Newcastle have eight Frenchmen in their first-team squad. But Bernard Caiazzo insisted they will not be joined by his coach as a replacement for the Crystal Palace-bound Alan Pardew.

“You really think that Galtier, right that in the middle of the season where we are at the top of the league, would leave, like a thief, to go to a club like Newcastle?” he said.

“It would be insulting for Christophe that anyone would give any credence to such a rumour.

"Christophe is not a man of money. He has been here for years and he is fully involved in a project.”

:lol:

Went on a Derby forum to see what the talk was about McClaren. Usual stereotypes about it being an impossible job; expectations too high, delusion about our status and it seems the alleged threats to Pardew's family are taken as gospel.

Went on a Derby forum to see what the talk was about McClaren. Usual stereotypes about it being an impossible job; expectations too high, delusion about our status and it seems the alleged threats to Pardew's family are taken as gospel.

Which forum?

Which forum?

DCFC Fans. To be fair they're not all saying that, but it's still annoying how the media clearly influences everyone else.

Which forum?

DCFC Fans. To be fair they're not all saying that, but it's still annoying how the media clearly influences everyone else.

Cheers, tbh I think the majority of other clubs fans think that way.

If we do go English I think I'd prefer Schteve to any of the others.

Familar with:

1. The area (sort of).

2. A ridiculous media spotlight.

3. European style management, and particularly one of our transfer hunting grounds.

4. Winning stuff at all levels, as a manager and coach.

5. Working with some of the biggest managerial and playing egos around.

6. Operating without massive budgets.

His current team are doing well and scoring goals, and one of his right hand men (recently voted goalkeeping coach of the year) played for us. Could be worse I guess.

If we do go English I think I'd prefer Schteve to any of the others.

Familar with:

1. The area (sort of).

2. A ridiculous media spotlight.

3. European style management, and particularly one of our transfer hunting grounds.

4. Winning stuff at all levels, as a manager and coach.

5. Working with some of the biggest managerial and playing egos around.

6. Operating without massive budgets.

His current team are doing well and scoring goals, and one of his right hand men (recently voted goalkeeping coach of the year) played for us. Could be worse I guess.

He's not an egotistical prick, that's a massive plus for me.