Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I'm going to post Sid Lowe's article on Jémez from last season and leave it for today. I promise!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/17/rayo-vallecano-all-or-nothing-approach-sid-lowe

Even when Rayo were a disaster, Jémez had his defenders. Off the pitch, that is. Last season, only two teams in Europe had the ball more than Rayo did: Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Early this season, when Rayo played Barcelona, they had more possession than them, the first team to manage it in 316 games.

Sitting back was no guarantee, quite the opposite. "If, as well as being small, you're a coward, you're going to get a beating from all sides," the coach told Panenka magazine. So Rayo went for teams. Only Madrid and Barcelona have attempted or completed more passes than them, only four clubs have put the ball in the opposition area more and only six teams have created more chances. Rayo have scored more than half of the league. Their goalkeeper has only made one save more than Real Madrid's. Levante's Keylor Navas has made almost twice as many.

"The fans gave us everything and expected nothing in return and when someone does that they've won you for ever. One of the key reasons we have recovered is them. If we play football it is for them, so that they can enjoy football. If not, this game has no meaning," Jémez said.

:smitten: :fwap:

I don't think Jémez is the kind of rumor the club would engineer to trick fans; he's largely unknown in England I'm sure, and I can't see regular fans salivating about the manager of Rayo Vallecano.

Now, if some of the local press started to talk of somebody like, I don't know, Klopp, that would be a bit more suspicious...

Jemez sounds like a good fit for us. Try to win every game, look to score goals and entertain. Not sure at all this fits into Ashley's remit though, he's only concerned with comfortably surviving in this league.

Jemez sounds like a good fit for us. Try to win every game, look to score goals and entertain. Not sure at all this fits into Ashley's remit though, he's only concerned with comfortably surviving in this league.

Perfect fit for Newcastle fans=No-no for Ashley

Not sure I'd describe the last 3 seasons as comfortably surviving, like.

Not sure I'd describe the last 3 seasons as comfortably surviving, like.

Me neither, but that's what he wants. He just goes about it fucking horrifically.