Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

It's not so much about who we could get or who would actually want the job, but rather who fits Ashley's idea of a manager. It'd be someone to do his bidding and someone who's forever indebted to him for lending him the chance. Like Pardew and McClaren. The manager is key to his construction, but will always expose him for what he is.

The thread title is "Who would you go for?"...

Well in that case.  I want Guardiola, with Enrique as his assistant. 

Yep. That'll do. It'll be a very short thread if it's 'who would you go for in an ideal world.'

Guardiola, close thread.

I was obviously being facetious  :D

It seems there is quite a small pool of managers to choose from though.  The ones that Ashley would actually appoint and the ones that would actually work for him.  I'd argue that the majority of the options on that list are unrealistic. 

I'm just hoping that the threat of relegation and the big money that he'll lose out on.  Means that Ashley's hand is forced and he actually appoints a competent manager.  It would be nice for him to panic in a good way and properly back a quality manager in the transfer market. 

Although TBH.  We deserve to go down and there is the outside chance that Ashley would sell.  So maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  If the last 2-3 years are anything to go by.  Then what is the point of us being in the Premier League? 

i was agreeing with you on the thread title btw.

Oh right.  Well in that case.  Cheers  O0

Quite obvious now I re-read it  :embarrassed:

O0

I know it's difficult to sift through different grades of shite, but man Harry Rednapp at the helm is a disturbing thought. Discussing that arsehole vs Pulis is like asking which knee cap you'd prefer to be shot in. Neither are quite in the same league as Neil Warnock but any of them three would see me fitting a hose pipe to my car exhaust.

Anyone keeping tabs with League One? Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink is doing well with Burton Albion. Got them promoted last season and they're third this season with a game in hand that would send them top.

He's doing a great job, sure he was linked with QPR the other week when Ramsay got sacked.

I know it's difficult to sift through different grades of s****, but man Harry Rednapp at the helm is a disturbing thought. Discussing that arsehole vs Pulis is like asking which knee cap you'd prefer to be shot in. Neither are quite in the same league as Neil Warnock but any of them three would see me fitting a hose pipe to my car exhaust.

:lol: Share your sentiments on the terrible trio. However, instead of a suicide pact how's this for a plan b?? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/bowls/4747148.stm

It would need to be an impact manager now. We're basically looking for someone with a personality to come in to kick some lazy asses into some form of performance. Unfortunately Sherwood might just be the right man for now.

Longer term you'd hope that the same impact manager can then develop his own squad (which I don't think Sherwood can). Basically we need a Keegan type again

I think I'd rather stick with McClaren, than get Sherwood in.  Complete bellend and I don't even think he's a good manager. 

He's not a good manager, but he can get a reaction out of players in the short term. Would not be in favour of him being in charge, but could see a logic to Penfold looking at him

Yeah, that's fair enough.  Still wouldn't want him anywhere near.  Probably get an 8 year deal after winning a few games. 

I wonder which one of Charnley`s football `advisors` is whispering Nigel Pearson to his soppy little mug

http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/e1/pd/4221396001/4221396001_4205586435001_NP.jpg?pubId=4221396001