Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

:clap:

Fucking love the Gouff, rapidly becoming a cult hero for me, tremendous work ethic, could run all day, defensively sound when doubling up, great engine, quick, can drift past players with ease, great passing ability and is chipping in with the goals as well.

Probably my favourite player right now, his desire for the cause is fantastic

:megusta:

Aye, definite cult hero being brewed. Works his tits of. Example to many a prima donna.

I honestly viewed his signing as a bit of a "filler" tbh, signed as a squad player, no more than that.

How wrong was I?  :)

If we had a squad full of players with the desire (and ability I may add) of the Gouff we'd not get beaten too many times a season that for sure.

Cult hero is a disservice to him imo. Sibierski was a cult hero, Gouffran is a genuinely good player who should be a first team regular.

Edit: ignore me, I always thought a cult hero was someone who was clearly a bit shit but you liked anyway for one reason or another  :laugh:

Aye, definite cult hero being brewed. Works his tits of. Example to many a prima donna.

Speaking of which it may just be me but over the last few weeks i'm seeing signs of the french lads finally adapted to the league.

Debuchy, Mapou, Gouffran and Sissoko were all very good again.

Cult hero is a disservice to him imo. Sibierski was a cult hero, Gouffran is a genuinely good player who should be a first team regular.

Edit: ignore me, I always thought a cult hero was someone who was clearly a bit shit but you liked anyway for one reason or another  :laugh:

:lol: it's as we'll you edited that post, I was about to tell you to get your head checked

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously he's not a winger but he's, in a sense, the perfect player for Pardew.

I love him, must admit. Not a great player but a massive, massive step up from Jonas - and he'll probably get you double figures, all being well.

We've been so toothless at times over the last year or two and it's great to have someone working their socks off who is a constant menace, may not be the greatest menace but reliably going to be getting in the right areas, doing the right things. Really happy for him as think there was the most scepticism over his signing.

Obviously he's not a winger but he's, in a sense, the perfect player for Pardew.

I love him, must admit. Not a great player but a massive, massive step up from Jonas - and he'll probably get you double figures, all being well.

:thup: