Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

was anything going on with martinez in the aftermath of the tackle, there was somebody talking about it on 606 as i was driving home but i lost reception as they were saying martinez was a disgrace.

May be more to do with his post match interview.

Regarding the tackle he basically said Macmanaman (in his opinion) is a decent bloke, and someone once made a really bad tackle on a Wigan player, so basically it's all ok.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

I'm a bit surprised at this reaction. The TV replays clearly show a player directly between Halsey and the tackle.

Not always possible, but it was in fairly open space, isn't it a ref's job to ensure he has a decent view of such incidents?

Can't be helped if someone runs in front of you tbf

Huh, our player wasn't stood infront of him for the whole incident.

looking at what sky showed, he's in front of him at the time of impact, iirc they're running in the same direction so chances are his views blocked for a couple of seconds, enough to make him not get the whole challenge, he's not going to give the red if he hasn't seen it properly.  But as I said earlier it doesn't excuse the other officials, what the f*** were they doing. 

I wanted the b****** sent off the same as anyone and slated Halsey for it at the time, but looking at it I really don't think there's much he could do.  You can tell in the second half he's seen it back as we got away with a fair few silly challenges.

Yes he clearly levelled things up in the second half. So much so that their winning assist was a f***ing slam dunk.

:lol:

it's a fair point but  I'm sure you know which incidents I'm on about :thup:

I don't. He booked Perch, he booked Jonas. We didn't get away without a free kick for any career threatening injuries.

was anything going on with martinez in the aftermath of the tackle, there was somebody talking about it on 606 as i was driving home but i lost reception as they were saying martinez was a disgrace.

Regarding the tackle he basically said Macmanaman (in his opinion) is a decent bloke, and someone once made a really bad tackle on a Wigan player, so basically it's all ok.

Absolute f***ing disgrace.

You missed "he got the ball and sometimes contact happens" or something similar...cunt.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

nah the caller was talking about something he was doing while they were treating him.

I'm a bit surprised at this reaction. The TV replays clearly show a player directly between Halsey and the tackle.

Not always possible, but it was in fairly open space, isn't it a ref's job to ensure he has a decent view of such incidents?

Can't be helped if someone runs in front of you tbf

Huh, our player wasn't stood infront of him for the whole incident.

looking at what sky showed, he's in front of him at the time of impact, iirc they're running in the same direction so chances are his views blocked for a couple of seconds, enough to make him not get the whole challenge, he's not going to give the red if he hasn't seen it properly.  But as I said earlier it doesn't excuse the other officials, what the f*** were they doing. 

I wanted the b****** sent off the same as anyone and slated Halsey for it at the time, but looking at it I really don't think there's much he could do.  You can tell in the second half he's seen it back as we got away with a fair few silly challenges.

Yes he clearly levelled things up in the second half. So much so that their winning assist was a f***ing slam dunk.

:lol:

it's a fair point but  I'm sure you know which incidents I'm on about :thup:

I don't. He booked Perch, he booked Jonas. We didn't get away without a free kick for any career threatening injuries.

Nah but Perch would have walked on another day for the ridiculous challenge on the edge of the box, easy worthy of a yellow.  Tiote got away with a couple today as well.  The frustrated shove on di santo at the end in the corner.  Lots of silly little things we got away with in the second half.

As a ref myself you do get your view blocked, but that's why you have 3 others to help you (which i dont, only a very biased lino from each team). And if the other 3 didn't see that tackle as a red then we have a serious problem with how our ref's are being taught at the top level.

Well, one lino was on the other side of the pitch on the offside line, and the other one would have been in the other half of the field, so probably neither of them got a good enough view. The fourth official was on the wrong side of the pitch too.

The tackle was a shocker but the person to blame is the player.

We were robbed of playing against 10 men for most of the game and we were robbed of a draw.

Our all round play is gash, we cant get the ball to Cisse in dangerous areas. we see, to rely on Marv or Cab to deliver something special.

I still feel mugged to fuck tho.

That hand ball.

Fuck me.

A good summary. :thup:

Agree and very much echoes my sentiments. A point here would have been huge. As it is, we'll be in amongst it to the death now I fear.

No, what I mean is that this match hasn't even given me the opportunity to criticise our shitness. We were s*** without Cabaye, then Debuchy, then Haidara. And with the worst refereeing performance I've seen since Martin Atkinson's.

We were s***, but nowhere near as much as we were robbed and unlucky. Our shitness just doesn't seem worth being talked about after that. They're justifiably excused today.

I don't agree, our luck will change and somethimes it's outside of our control, our shitness isn't outside of our control and probably won't change.

Has anyone come out with "he's not that type of player" yet?

Fucking hate that saying. He did it for ffs, so he is.

Yep - Martinez on Sky. 'He's just enthusiastic on his full debut' we're his words. Fucking arsehole.

Yep - Martinez on Sky. 'He's just enthusiastic on his full debut' we're his words. Fucking arsehole.

Is he a dirty player?

Guest Bert Shaft

f*** me, Maloney saw the handball yet Halsey or his linesman didn't!!!!!!

Thought the lad interviewed quite well tbf. Honest.

Maloney couldn't look at the camera in the eye when he was asked about the dirty tackle.

Is he a dirty player?

He hasn't played many games so I'd say so.

Is he a dirty player?

From that tackle I'd go with yes.

No, what I mean is that this match hasn't even given me the opportunity to criticise our shitness. We were s*** without Cabaye, then Debuchy, then Haidara. And with the worst refereeing performance I've seen since Martin Atkinson's.

We were s***, but nowhere near as much as we were robbed and unlucky. Our shitness just doesn't seem worth being talked about after that. They're justifiably excused today.

I don't agree, our luck will change and somethimes it's outside of our control, our shitness isn't outside of our control and probably won't change.

It may well change when we get our best players back.  No coincidence we picked up when we could field our strongest team (albeit minus hatem)

It may well change when we get our best players back.  No coincidence we picked up when we could field our strongest team (albeit minus hatem)

Christ, not this again. :lol:

The boost from the new players coming in already looks to be wearing off, other than Debuchy they are starting to look less effective the more we coach them.

I'd love to know what has happened to the Sissoko we were seeing during his first few games.  He now seems to get the ball and does a Forrest Gump, he just runs and runs until he loses the ball and he's done that for the last 3 or 4 games now.  He's gone from being a player who could run with the ball and force an opening to one who runs until he's dispossessed.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was an awful tackle, one of the worst I've seen. A lad who plays in goal for us at 5-a-side is a ref and he says if the ref's view was blocked, it would have been for milliseconds or something and that just general awareness alone would have told him that it was a bad tackle before and after that moment where his line of sight was actually blocked. Player and ref should get lengthy bans.