Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

There was definitely something in the air during the 5-1 that felt missing last season, it was a bit like complacency had crept in.

Hoping given our season and particularly the week we've had leading into this will bring that something back.

It seems he wants them to be more attacking, suggesting that he wants 3 or 4 players in the box when they're going forward. If that's his plan then I think we'll get them on the counter, I'm far less confident against teams that come here to contain and counter us. Their defence is full of ponderous players, who've been given a lot of protection thanks to O'Neill's style, I imagine they'll not do well against direct pace. Gouffran, Marveaux and Sissoko against that back 4, we should be looking at getting a few. Unless he's bullshitting of course, he seemed to have a reputation for dull football at Swindon.

Hey, Interpolic:

Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United could be knocked off their perch as North-East top dogs by the fatigue factor.

Newcastle go into Sunday’s 146th Tyne-Wear derby following a gruelling Europa League match against Benfica on Thursday evening, whereas opponents Sunderland have had a week to prepare.

‘Paolo Di Canio has had three good training days full pelt with his team, I will have literally none. None,’ said Pardew. ‘My players will warm up, go back into the changing room and everything else will be on the board. We’ve got to get our message right on that board.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308655/Alan-Pardew-says-team-lose-derby-tired.html#ixzz2QNpYPQYz

It seems he wants them to be more attacking, suggesting that he wants 3 or 4 players in the box when they're going forward. If that's his plan then I think we'll get them on the counter, I'm far less confident against teams that come here to contain and counter us. Their defence is full of ponderous players, who've been given a lot of protection thanks to O'Neill's style, I imagine they'll not do well against direct pace. Gouffran, Marveaux and Sissoko against that back 4, we should be looking at getting a few. Unless he's bullshitting of course, he seemed to have a reputation for dull football at Swindon.

The only thing we have to fear tomorrow is ourselves.

Hey, Interpolic:

Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United could be knocked off their perch as North-East top dogs by the fatigue factor.

Newcastle go into Sunday’s 146th Tyne-Wear derby following a gruelling Europa League match against Benfica on Thursday evening, whereas opponents Sunderland have had a week to prepare.

‘Paolo Di Canio has had three good training days full pelt with his team, I will have literally none. None,’ said Pardew. ‘My players will warm up, go back into the changing room and everything else will be on the board. We’ve got to get our message right on that board.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308655/Alan-Pardew-says-team-lose-derby-tired.html#ixzz2QNpYPQYz

For fuck's sake man.  So sick of it.  Anyone on here can call me a whinge, anyone - it's fine.  But I can't even get near Pardew on whingeing, he's a fucking moan machine.

Hey, Interpolic:

For fuck's sake man.  So sick of it.  Anyone on here can call me a whinge, anyone - it's fine.  But I can't even get near Pardew on whingeing, he's a fucking moan machine.

Covering his hoop like it's going out of fashion there.

Doubt he'll be saying that where it matters though.

Sounds like the only chance our DECIMATED, super FATIGUED and FUCKING SHIT squad have is to park the bus for 70 minutes and then hope they've got the legs in the last 20 minutes... To continue to shut them out, and make sure we get out of the hostile St James Park with a point.

Covering his hoop like it's going out of fashion there.

Doubt he'll be saying that where it matters though.

He was on the radio today and he said that he couldn’t influence games until the later stages anyway.

The only thing we have to fear tomorrow is ourselves.

It's in our hands, of course, but we look far worse in games where the onus is on us to break a team down.

Sounds like the only chance our DECIMATED, super FATIGUED and FUCKING SHIT squad have is to park the bus for 70 minutes and then hope they've got the legs in the last 20 minutes... To continue to shut them out, and make sure we get out of the hostile St James Park with a point.

If we set up to contain them we're asking for trouble. Problem is, this is exactly what I see us doing. Contain for 60/70 mins and then bring on the cavalry.

Hey, Interpolic:

Oh he's a moan machine alright

We've won our last four home games in the league, and this lot are shite, so I'm not nervous at all. I think they'll commit too many forward and we'll just get them on the counter attack. They won't be able to handle the likes of Sissoko, Cisse and Marveaux running at them when they've put too many men forward. Also Ben Arfa attacking their tired legs man. :lol: Can't wait for this.