Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

That was PATHETIC!

As we guessed, Pardew has got this line up horribly wrong!

Our defense looks petrified everytime Sturridge gets the ball, we've packed the midfield with 4 defensive midfielders yet it's all too easy for Liverpool to cut us open, our passing is woeful, there's nobody even attacking their goal, and tbh, we look like a team who have accepted defeat already.

As slim as our chances are, you have to feel that Perch miss was our 1 golden opportunity, and we missed it.

Also, from Opta Joe:

"0 - Liverpool's Premier League record when 2+ goals up at half-time is P98 W96 D2 L0. Safe."

&

"0 - Newcastle's Premier League record when 2+ goals down at half-time is W0 D2 L49. Concerning."

Does anyone feel like we can beat West Ham or QPR away? Before then playing Arsenal who will definitely assault us.

We are in major trouble.

Yep, the only one we might be able to do is QPR but even that is unlikely.

For the first time this season, i'm worried.

Does anyone feel like we can beat West Ham or QPR away? Before then playing Arsenal who will definitely assault us.

We are in major trouble.

No. After Sunderland I said we wouldn't win those games.

We are in major trouble.

Think we're capable of 2 points maximum from this game and our remaining 3 games. We just have to hope that Villa and Wigan lose as much as possible.

Players arent listening to pardew ?

They quit on him ages ago, imo.

I agree....even though I've got nothing concrete to back that up bar watching every match this season and it's clear the players have had enough of this clown.  Tiredness, injuries does not excuse the performance of the 11 athletes playing in one of the top leagues in the world who are sent on to the pitch.  I would bet certain parts of my anatomy that if we changed him after this match but kept the same 11, by next weekend the team would be like a new team.

Men against boys. We're so shit. We can blame Pardew as much as we like, but the fact is our players are capable of much better than this, the vast majority have been a disgrace all season.

A huge gap between midfield and defence, as for having two defensive midfielders we have been cut open too many times. It isn't just this game, in the past teams often have 4v4 or even 5v4 when attacking against us. Liverpool goals were quite basic, either two or three passes and then in the back of the net. We have offered nothing going forward bar a shot from Gutierrez and a poor header from Perch. Unless Pardew changes something then its hard to see how we will create any opportunities.

ironic isn´t it.

Almost as if it hasn't been worked on in training over the last week. It has just shown the second goal and you can see Tiote with Perch still in Liverpool's half as Sturridge lays the ball off to Coutinho. I'm not sure if he is in the no 10 role, but surely one of them would be around him to nullify any threat?! Ben Arfa for Jonas and probably Gouffran for Tiote as he will be lucky to stay on much longer.