Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moyes needs big backing in January to stamp his own mark on the team, which he should be allowed to.  Though the farce of their transfer window would suggest they were struggling to find the right players.

He'll be given at least the season.

Yep, there is more to blame than just the manager going on there. Their failings in the summer really set the alarm bells ringing and was the last thing they should have done given the change of manager.

Two things.

Man United will not finish top 6 this year.

Come the end of the season, people will realize that Man United would have been better off bringing in Martinez than Moyes. Cruel irony that is.

Why bring in either when your trying to replace a (relative) genius though?

I'd have gone for a big name with the relelvent experiance of getting sides to the latter stages of the champions league. This is where the Glazers leaveraged buyout truly starts to bite...doing it on a comparative shoestring compared with man city and chelsea won't be enough to keep the trophies coming in now they've lost the one person who could acheive that in those circumstances. They need to spend to keep up with the Jones's, but I dont think they have the muscle to.

I can't see them finishing below fourth, let alone outside the top six. Their squad is too good.

It strikes me as pointless talking about AMs they could buy if they are not going to play their former Bundesliga Player of the Year in his preferred role.

I can't see them finishing below fourth, let alone outside the top six. Their squad is too good.

It strikes me as pointless talking about AMs they could buy if they are not going to play their former Bundesliga Player of the Year in his preferred role.

Is it though? I'm not sure. Seems to me like a collection of highly-talented individuals (RVP, Rooney, Fellaini) cobbled together with highly-average players (Anderson, Cleverley, Smalling), with many played out of position. They look disjointed on the pitch.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ferguson's last bit of genius was leaving at the right time.

They might not collapse out of the top four but I can't see them winning anything.

Is it though? I'm not sure. Seems to me like a collection of highly-talented individuals (RVP, Rooney, Fellaini) cobbled together with highly-average players (Anderson, Cleverley, Smalling), with many played out of position. They look disjointed on the pitch.

Man City & Chelsea will definitely finish ahead of them, will be interesting to see how consistent the other 3 are. They'll finish top 6 though.

Top 3 will be any combination of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City IMO.

Still think Man Yoo will get 4th though, combination of things really but mainly because i don't believe Liverpool or Spurs are good enough and will bottle it.

Although there is this....

BXDWiwPIAAAdN8g.jpg

:iamatwat:

Top 3 will be any combination of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City IMO.

Still think Man Yoo will get 4th though, combination of things really but mainly because i don't believe Liverpool or Spurs are good enough and will bottle it.

Although there is this....

BXDWiwPIAAAdN8g.jpg

:iamatwat:

One of L'pool/Spurs will definitely choke. But at teh same time, they could both perhaps challenge. L'pool look ordinary outside their strike force. The French lads are adapting and the others aren't that good. But that strike force can take them a long way. Spurs have the opposite issue. They look strong throughout the side and on the bench but i'm not sure about their strike force.

I still think Soldado is playing well, I might be the only one. His link-up play is first class.

Same. The usual overreaction to anyone from foreign shores coming in and not scoring a hatful immediately. He's already got 3, IIRC he's assisted a couple, and has linked up well. He's doing well, and he'll score plenty more.

Aye whenever I've seen Soldado I've thought his link-up play is really good. There was one incident in the second half yesterday where he flicked it over a defender to Paulinho, who forced a great save. Would've been a cracking goal.

I still think Spurs are in with a very real shout of the title. Can see them being in the running all the way through until May.

Guest firetotheworks

Are you all getting the great mans autobiography?

Soldado's? Nah. Speaking of which, have you seen that Alex Ferguson is bringing out an autobiography?