Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moyes tucking into a sausage sarnie, he's whacked tomato sauce on it. White bread.

Red. White.

Fuck.

I understand MON is looking for a job.

I could see that.

But he'll be waiting by the phone for the call from Man United about now.

Moyes tucking into a sausage sarnie, he's whacked tomato sauce on it. White bread.

Red. White.

Fuck.

I could see that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr8EnEKmEsIvGvmnEQDbM04nNw1Y0PElDDsxqwgIO6YnIm235qfQ

Red. White.

Fuck.

I could see that.

At the tattoo parlour waiting to hear which one to get over the top of his Sunderland one.

Who's Everton gonna attract with no transfer budget and the probable loss of star names like Baines. Will be tough for them after having the same manager going about doing his own stuff and not complaining about the lack of funds for years.

Martinez.

Rejected a far richer and ambitious Liverpool.

Wigan will hopefully not be in the PL this time though.

Ferguson's recruitment of Carlos Q was a marker of how adaptable he was, bringing aboard new ideas (changing-up the team's signature, or identity). He always believed in quick-strike, attacking football - but at one time, even with Cantona's genius improvising, his ethos was to bomb down the flanks, and pound penetrating balls into the box.

Fergy realised, in Europe to a large extent ( Eng as well, as major rivals hired continental managers), against technical & highly organised teams they needed to build from the back & break teams down, patiently. That's what Carlos Q bought to the table, his approach & input was timely, and quite a shift in the minor detail. It wasn't a chance or fluke appointment, and showed that Fergy wasn't a manager who steadfastly retained an insular thinktank or entourage (in the coaching ranks).

I have nothing but respect for his willingness to adapt over the years, and he's butted heads with some of the best 'club' managers around, year after year - from the stylistically attractive managers (keegan, wenger), to the meticulously pragmatic (Jose M, and 'Blackburn' Dalglish).

Ferguson's recruitment of Carlos Q was a marker of how adaptable he was, bringing aboard new ideas (changing-up the team's signature, or identity). He always believed in quick-strike, attacking football - but at one time, even with Cantona's genius improvising, his ethos was to bomb down the flanks, and pound penetrating balls into the box.

Fergy realised, in Europe to a large extent ( Eng as well, as major rivals hired continental managers), against technical & highly organised teams they needed to build from the back & break teams down, patiently. That's what Carlos Q bought to the table, his approach & input was timely, and quite a shift in the minor detail. It wasn't a chance or fluke appointment, and showed that Fergy wasn't a manager who steadfastly retained an insular thinktank or entourage (in the coaching ranks).

I have nothing but respect for his willingness to adapt over the years, and he's butted heads with some of the best 'club' managers around, year after year - from the stylistically attractive managers (keegan, wenger), to the meticulously pragmatic (Jose M, and 'Blackburn' Dalglish).

Great post, unusually it shows a real willingness to listen and learn. Not something people would list highly in the attributes of a top manager, but highly important.

He's a twat of a man, and I will always hate him. But respect his record in the game at both Aberdeen and Manure. This could have a domino effect on the whole league, as managers shuffle around. I think Jose is the only person that can follow Ferguson and even he will need instant results, if Moyes is the favourite, I'm not sure that'll work out for them.