Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

£77 to watch West Ham

Non-season ticket holding West Ham fans could be asked to pay almost £1 per minute for the best seats in the house at the Boleyn Ground next season.

Earlier today West Ham United released details of the new Category A+ ticket prices, which are being introduced for matches against the Premier League's most successful teams.

And in order to watch the home matches against those clubs which may be declared Category A+ - namely the two Manchester teams and Liverpool plus London clubs Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham - Band 1 tickets for non-member, non-season ticket holders will be a wallet-busting £77.

Whilst members pay a fiver less (£72) for Cat A+ tickets, the cheapest on sale (Band 4) are £57 for non-club members and £52 for members. Meanwhile, Under 16s will be asked to find £43 should they wish to sit in Band 1 seats.

Enough to make you sick.

For £30 more you could get a season ticket at the Allianz Arena.  English football is a disgrace.

If wham fans want to have their eyeballs ripped out so they can pay Carroll's bar bill then who are we to give a shit.  :lol:

£1 per min for a FSA team, there probably isn't a worse ratio of football:cost in the world mind  :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2364653-1AD4A17C000005DC-563_634x438.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2364653-1AB0001C000005DC-413_634x389.jpg

Spent far too long laughing at this :lol:

ITV tried but they missed a goal and probably won't do it again.

I think we're fairly safe atm.

YT - ITV1 HD misses first England goal in the World Cup [ORIGINAL]

That was just a cock-up, not a concious plan to stick adverts in during the game. I read the back-story to the glitch - can't remember it in full but I'm sure it was human error. The live crew's production feed is 20 seconds ahead of the broadcast. Knowing England had scored they went to make some kind of directorial alteration and I think it was as simple as somebody pressing the wrong button. Summat like that, anyway.

Al Jazeera Sports have won the rights to broadcast the PL in the middle east and north africa for the next 3 seasons, starting this august. For any of our members living in that area, you can now throw out the AD Sports package and invest in AJS.

Al Jazeera now have the complete package with the PL, Primera, SerieA, Ligue 1, both UEFA competitions and the world cup. Not sure about the Bundesliga and Eredivisie though. Must be costing them a bundle.

Hopefully. :thup:

Whoever else we manage to get through the door, she could still turn out our best signing of the summer.

This is probably worth posting elsewhere as well. Good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23316810

Ray Wilkins drink-driving case: Pundit 'too drunk to stand'

Wilkins denies drink-drive charge

Former England and Chelsea footballer Ray Wilkins was too drunk to stand when he was stopped for driving his car erratically, a court has been told.

Mr Wilkins, 56, slurred his words and leaned on his Jaguar for support when he was pulled over near his Cobham home in May 2012, magistrates heard.

North Surrey Magistrates' Court also heard he fell asleep in a police patrol car and later swore at officers.

Mr Wilkins denies a charge of drinking and driving.

Tests taken at a police station showed he was almost three times the legal limit.

'Strong smell of liquor'

The former England midfielder was arrested on 7 May last year after his car was seen "weaving" down the road at about 01:45 BST, the court heard.

It was alleged Mr Wilkins's car had "lurched" forward and then hit a traffic island.

PC Nicholas Skidmore told the court: "There was a strong smell of intoxicating liquor in the vehicle and around him.

"When he got out of the vehicle, he couldn't stand up properly," he said.

"He had to lean against the car."

The officer said he handcuffed the Sky Sports football pundit, who then fell asleep in his unmarked police car.

The court was told Mr Wilkins was then taken to a local police station where he was told he could not make a call to his wife until he had provided two breath samples.

CCTV played to the court showed him apparently trying to complete the tests.

'Absolutely ridiculous'

He was heard to swear to officers before saying: "I can't even phone my missus.

"I'm not going to bash up anybody - this is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous."

PC Skidmore told the hearing: "[He said] he knew that he had done wrong and he wanted to speak to his wife as soon as possible."

Paul Lund for the prosecution said Mr Wilkins would challenge the result of the breath test.

He said: "Mr Wilkins says that he can't have drunk enough to produce that high reading.

"At the end of the day, the defence is relying on Mr Wilkins' assertion that he hadn't drunk enough.

"He would say that, wouldn't he?"

The footballer won 84 caps for England and played for clubs including AC Milan, Chelsea and Manchester United during a career that spanned three decades.

In 1993 he was appointed MBE for services to football.

The case continues.

You've got to stay on your feet.

This t*** talking about Rooney on SSN...what the f*** is his issue with talking normal English?

"WAYNE ROONEY IS NOT HAPPY - THAT MEANS HE IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HAPPY IS - WITH WHAT DAVID MOYES SAID ABOUT HIM.  HIM BEING WAYNE ROONEY"

:lol: