Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

The big Iranian derby just finished, something like 90k people in attendance. The guy sitting next to me at work is from Iran and has been following the match, his team were 1-0 up. With 30 seconds on the clock he's taking selfies on his phone with his computer in the background with the game on, posing with a V for victory. Just as he's about to send the pic to his mate who supports the other team they equalise. The look on his face, man. Was telling him he shouldn't be celebrating until the whistle goes :lol:

Poor guy, he's absolutely gutted now.

:lol: What a gutter. When I see people taking a photo of the scoreboard if we're winning I think it should be legal to spear them.

:lol: Totally agree.

It was a beautiful moment. He tempted fate and has paid for it, the only way it could have been better was if he'd actually sent the photo.

.@MesutOzil1088 has the best assists per game rate in #BPL history - averaging one every 2.71 matches #SWAARS

A 'fraud' according to some on here.

Crazy the lengths people go to discredit how good he is, because he doesn't fit the "blood and thunder" style of football this country blindly deifies.

He's always been effective Ozil but he hasn't been as continuously influential on games as he has been the last few months for Arsenal. This is the Ozil of Real. He had plenty of assists last season but his overall form wasn't at that level.

in at least 2 televised big games - he was absolutely dreadful for Arsenal.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 49s49 seconds ago

Tony Pulis believes Nigel Pearson deserves most of the credit for @LCFC's impressive start under Claudio Ranieri.

not allowed to praise forrin managers

.@MesutOzil1088 has the best assists per game rate in #BPL history - averaging one every 2.71 matches #SWAARS

A 'fraud' according to some on here.

I bet his chance created stat is leagues above of anybody else as well. Since he came back from injury he's been the best player in the league and it's not close, sure he has some off games but name me an attacking midfielder who doesn't. Silva who everyone seems to love takes months off at a time without doing anything yet not a word is uttered about him...

It will be interesting to see if Leeds fans can come up with the money to buy the club.  Virtually all of the supporter-owned clubs are quite small so the finances required for a club like Leeds would be huge in comparison.  It would be a really difficult challenge but with all the dodgy owners they have had, at least they would know they were making decisions in the interest of the club and not the owner.

I would be so wrong for someone like Cellino to succeed in getting them promoted and getting their hands on all that Premier League money.

It seems to be a trend these days for potential foreign owners to buy Championship clubs with the aim of getting them into the Premier League - must cheaper than buying the likes of us, Villa or Everton.

Tottenham youngster Zenon Stylianides played in an U21 game on Friday despite knowing his sister's death was imminent and she sadly passed away 10 minutes into the match.

The 17-year-old started in Spurs' 3-1 win over Chelsea having been told by his mother on the journey to the game that his older sibling Debi did not have long to live.

Debi is understood to have been suffering from blood cancer for the last two years, and Stylianides released a touching tribute to her, revealing that they were able to speak shortly before her death.

He said on Twitter: "The journey before arriving at [the] game receiving a call from my mum [to] say my sister is going to die, happy to have spoke to her, unfortunately passing away 10 mins into the game.

"Taking a vital risk on willing to play and tell my coach I'm playing, having to win and having to put pressure on myself as well as mum and dad saying "do it for Deb", and Deb your luck helped.

"Won for you, Love you big sis. Rest in Paradise."

A Tottenham spokesperson said on Sunday: "We are aware of Zenon and his family's tragic loss and are doing everything we can to support him at this difficult time."

Edmonton-born Stylianides has been part of Tottenham's academy since he was seven years old and was a regular for the U18s last term.

He has successfully stepped up to the U21s this season after several substitute appearances towards the end of the last campaign.