Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I'd go Zabaleta, Debuchy, Coleman on talent/capability - but reverse it for performances this season.

I used to rate Sagna, and he is reasonably solid defensively, but I think he's deteriorated massively recently and is often Arsenal's stand-out weak link at higher levels, IMO. He's got a bit of the Gutierrez about him in that if he is facing his own goal and shielding or retrieving the ball, if you come within 5 metres of him, it's an Arsenal freekick, because he 100% will be on the ground. He's great at winning them off refs.

The SPL allowed all clubs to postpone fixtures to arrange friendlies a couple of seasons ago because Celtic (and, I think, Rangers) kicked up a fuss at the season kicking off two weeks earlier than usual. It's somehow remained, despite the season returning to an August start.

Absolutely ludicrous rule.

Didn't they do that last year as well? Sure I've read about it before.

Was this summer v Liverpool.

The league isn't competitive enough so Celtic need more money from friendlies.

Didn't they do that last year as well? Sure I've read about it before.

Wasn't it the start of the season, for a summer friendly? Might have been Jan too.

Ya against Liverpool in Dublin in the summer

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25689770

how in gods name can this investigation take so fucking long?

This has made the news over here in Canada.

Long discussion about the origins and the comedian Dieudonne M'bala M'bala, as well as how badly the French Government has messed up the handling of all of this.

All of a sudden they are saying "West Brom's Nicolas Anelka made the gesture at a Premier League Football match which exposed it to a global audience". The interviewer asked if the authorities had moved to punish him and the reply was "not yet".

The FA - covered in glory once again...

FCBarcelona ‏@BarcaStat 8h

Most Barcelona goals+assists this season (all official comps) #fcblive

Cesc 23

Neymar 21

Messi 20

Pedro 20

Alexis 15

Xavi 7

Interesting. Cesc has ultimately flourished in the false #9 role, by just dropping deeper and becoming a #10 with the wingers cutting inside. Wonder how Messi will fit into this dynamic now. Ridiculous that he still has such a big productivity despite being out for most of the season.

Altidore £9million - 18 games 1 goals

Kone £6million - 5 games 0 goals

Anichebe £5million - 11 games 1 goal

Andy Carroll £15million - 0 games 0 goals

van Wolfswinkel £8.5 million- 11 games 1 goal

Jovetic £22million- 3 games 0 goals

Osvaldo £12.8 million- 13 games 3 goals

Kozak £7million- 14 games 4 goals

A lot of money that for only 10 goals