Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I missed this at the time:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-president-calls-tennis-style-7424295

I really wish I didn't give a fuck about this stuff, but it genuinely brings a tear to my eye. Fuck them all.

God that's a disgusting concept. It already irks me enough that CL teams get a second chance in the Europa League. They don't deserve more chances, it's great to see new sides get a crack at it.

So the "top teams" are finding themselves not good enough to get into the Champions League proper so they take their ball to go play elsewhere? Fucking bullshit! Why shouldn't teams like Leicester get a shot at top European football for finishing in the top of the league? If they win it they don't get to be in a Champions League because they're not a brand name?

If they fuck off to a European super league then they should be told to fuck off from all domestic competitions.

Unfortunately that won't happen and they will still be allowed to play here, be it with games for around their Super League games, or by having a B team.

Sooner it happens the better imo.

It has been coming for a long time and if this season could be repeated ('big' clubs missing out on the CL) then it would accelerate it imo.

Let them fuck off and have the largely disinterested, neutral masses watch them on satellite TV till the cows come home. or the actual attending crowds dry up which would be the killer for them. A world without ManU and Liverpool...calloo callay:):)

If the 'bigger' clubs want to go, let them fuck off. No wonder the TV ratings for the CL are falling - it's a boring stitchup to which only a few are invited. :(

Probably more to do with the games not being on terrestrial TV and the English teams doing badly than any other reason. It's a brilliant competition and should be left the way it is

If the 'bigger' clubs want to go, let them fuck off. No wonder the TV ratings for the CL are falling - it's a boring stitchup to which only a few are invited. :(

Probably more to do with the games not being on terrestrial TV and the English teams doing badly than any other reason. It's a brilliant competition and should be left the way it is

It should be returned to the way it was. Knock-out format and back to the three competitions.