Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-eamonn-holmes-apologise-after-11315358

TV presenter Eamonn Holmes has been called on to apologise after he compared the attack on the Manchester United bus to the Hillsborough disaster.

The news anchor was discussing the attack by West Ham fans on the players’ bus on Sky News when he said: “This is going back to the 70s and to the 80s, the type of thing you were seeing that was bad about Hillsborough, for instance.”

Last month the jury in the Hillsborough inquests found the behaviour of fans made no contribution to the disaster.

Viewers expressed their anger at his comments on social media.

Twitter user H K Fooey wrote: “Just heard you equate the bus riot last night to Hillsborough. Very poor analogy. Have you forgotten the inquests already?”

Peter Rice tweeted the presenter and said: “Apologise now for your Hillsborough comment re WHU incident.”

Alan Carter wrote: “Hillsborough had nothing to do with hooliganism, stop associating last night with this tragedy.”

Mikey Stones posted a video clip of the comments and wrote: “Why after 27 years of proving it, have you just compared what happened at Hillsborough to hooliganism?”

ECHO arts editor Catherine Jones wrote: “Did you just link what happened at West Ham last night with Hillsborough?!!!!!!”

He should be sacked, stripped of all titles, beaten, tarred, feathered, and lynched from the highest tower in Liverpool.

yeah its currently next to the beach in the city. Aberdeen is in the processing of getting a bypass and this new stadium will be right next to it which will help for the regional fans. Its now going to be about 6 miles out the centre and its a straight road out from the city for folks.

I'll have to note to leave early from work on evening games. :) I'll be able to walk to it now though which a quick pitstop at the pub.

but i like driving out of town and seeing a bit of hills/country before i get home so I'm not too happy about that... but it would have houses on it sooner or later anyway and I've still got my hills the other side.

Hills are important after living in houston for a few years.

Guest firetotheworks

Hopefully he gets crushed & trampled to death by other placca Man U fans, the fat cunt.

He'd only hide behind a woman like he did when his programme was stormed by Fathers for Justice protesters.

I really dislike the trend of moving stadiums out of town. I understand the reasons behind it but it's quite sad.

:thup: soulless retail venues. From what I've seen Pittodrie is a total dump though, shame they couldn't redevelop.

Yeah well Stewart Milne would like to build some new flats/houses at the current location....

But its right next to two little towns and Aberdeen do have a large crowd that come in from the area anyway.

Seen the options in the League one play offs? Walsall, Millwall, Bradford, and Barnsley.

I don't think anyone wants to play Millwall and come across their fans, Walsall is a meh. Bradford would be decent in terms of being close for an away day and I guess are arguably the biggest club out of them all. Barnsley would ok for me as it's not too far from where some of my family live.

So Bradford or Barnsley please, what do you guys think?

I really dislike the trend of moving stadiums out of town. I understand the reasons behind it but it's quite sad.

Aye I'm moving literally 25 yards from Bootham Crescent this summer, can't wait to get caught up in the gametime hubbub, even if it's only for a year and it being Conference football. New spot is right out of the centre next to a retail park.

Seen the options in the League one play offs? Walsall, Millwall, Bradford, and Barnsley.

I don't think anyone wants to play Millwall and come across their fans, Walsall is a meh. Bradford would be decent in terms of being close for an away day and I guess are arguably the biggest club out of them all. Barnsley would ok for me as it's not too far from where some of my family live.

Holy shit we're actually discussing this. :lol:

Aye I'm moving literally 25 yards from Bootham Crescent this summer, can't wait to get caught up in the gametime hubbub, even if it's only for a year and it being Conference football. New spot is right out of the centre next to a retail park.

I went there in the summer for the pre-season friendly. I don't think grounds in the middle of housing estates are any better than ground out of town. Town centre location is key, and very few grounds have that. The new ground should do York well, hopefully they get promoted again and try to push on to league 1, or even do what Doncaster did and get all the way to the Championship. Isn't the new stadium going to be home to the rugby club as well?

Don't really give a shit to be honest mate :lol: