Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Seen the options in the League one play offs? Walsall, Millwall, Bradford, and Barnsley.

I don't think anyone wants to play Millwall and come across their fans, Walsall is a meh. Bradford would be decent in terms of being close for an away day and I guess are arguably the biggest club out of them all. Barnsley would ok for me as it's not too far from where some of my family live.

So Bradford or Barnsley please, what do you guys think?

Don't really give a shit to be honest mate :lol:

I really dislike the trend of moving stadiums out of town. I understand the reasons behind it but it's quite sad.

:thup: soulless retail venues. From what I've seen Pittodrie is a total dump though, shame they couldn't redevelop.

Maybe some of the city councils should do more to encourage clubs to stay. Surely there is a benefit from the match day crowd to the town/city?

Sometimes I wonder how high the percentage is of footballers not really interested in football. Got me thinking earlier today when I read a piece on a player called Björn Sigurðarson who just got released from his contract at Wolves. Of the supposed 'golden generation' that took the Icelandic national team all the way to the Euro's this summer he was supposed to be the one - the pick of the bunch. While his teammates from the Icelandic U-21 went on to various degrees of success with their clubs and solidified their position in a relatively strong national team, Björn's career faded slowly but surely out and he never became a part of the national squad and their relative success. Granted he has had his share of injuries and bad luck but first and foremost he is known to be completely uninterested in football altogether. "I think I haven't seen a Barcelona or a Real Madrid game. I'm not interested in football. My girlfriend is though so I sometimes have to watch games with her", that's an actual quote from him.

The two centre backs of the Icelandic team, Ragnar Sigurðsson and Kári Árnason, have also repeatedly stated that they're not interested in football at all and never watch games in their spare time. Maybe Icelandic players can allow themselves to come across more sincere in interviews because of limited coverage but I don't know actually.

Like most of us I used to play as a kid. All of us were absolutely mad about football. Supported a team in England, went to the domestic games, followed international football and the CL closely. That is to say all of us bar one. And somehow he winds up a professional footballer in a foreign league. And the only one of us playing at the Euro's this summer. Strange.

Guest firetotheworks

David Batty didn't really like football and only really played because he was good at it. He looks like he would punch in every morning and refer to it as graft as well.

Imagine just happening to be good at football.  The lucky cunts. 

That's what surprises me so much when I hear about stuff like this. When you consider the vast gulf in quality between the top division and the lower reaches of the pyramid (where the vast majority of lads who like/play football end up), surely you must have to have enormous amounts of application to get to the top? And surely a significant amount of love for the game itself?

Imagine just happening to be good at football.  The lucky c***s. 

That's what surprises me so much when I hear about stuff like this. When you consider the vast gulf in quality between the top division and the lower reaches of the pyramid (where the vast majority of lads who like/play football end up), surely you must have to have enormous amounts of application to get to the top? And surely a significant amount of love for the game itself?

Guess many people have highly skilled jobs that require enormous amounts of application that they largely don't care for outside of their duty. 

Happens in all professions tbh:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1653451/images/o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg

Happens in all professions tbh:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1653451/images/o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg

Such a shit Mike