Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Who do you guys thing has been the player of the season this year all across all leagues? I genuinly can't think of one. I don't think it has been Messi or Ronaldo, though.

http://www.arsenation.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Gonzalo-Higuain.jpg

Who do you guys thing has been the player of the season this year all across all leagues? I genuinly can't think of one. I don't think it has been Messi or Ronaldo, though.

Given what went on last season, you'd have to say Hatem is up there.

The forgotten man. I haven't heard anyone mention him and he's scored 40 goals.

Guest neesy111

This guy or Suarez.

The forgotten man. I haven't heard anyone mention him and he's scored 40 goals.

I guess it's because Napoli probably underachieved despite him. But yeah, broke a 66 year old scoring record with one of the best goals you'll see and also got the best red card of the season.

Suarez has been absurd this season and is the better player but for me, Higuain has just eclipsed him this season.

If Atleti win the CL, they should probably have a player in the reckoning but being the team they are it'd be pretty much impossible to single one member out.

All of this we play too many games only applies to the teams that play in Europe.  The suggestions that games should be moved to give them more time to recover or for them to play home games after they have played in Europe or even scrapping the League Cup is just strengthening the elite teams.  They play more games because they are successful and the majority of teams such as us, barely play more than 40 games a season.  They have much bigger squads to deal with it and it gives other clubs a chance when they are slightly more vulnerable.

UEFA now claim a lot of the midweek dates within a season even spreading one round of Champion League matches over a 4 week period in March which is the real reason for the overcrowded fixture list as they do not allow Premier League or cup games to be played at the same time.

At one time, there were 42 league games in a season, cup games were replayed until there was a conclusion (no penalty shoot outs), internationals were played midweek with league games either side of the fixture.  There wasn't as many European games because they were all knock out games but they don't want that anymore because it is not so lucrative.

I am not saying we should go back to all those things but I get frustrated how everyone else is expected to kowtow to the elite clubs just so they can get richer and have an easier ride to another title.

A lot of countries have a cup competition with two legs, Spain I'm looking at you. It's amazing that more often than not it's a Spanish side who also win the European cups.

If they want to scrap replays then just say so.

Here is a question.

What is the closest a team has came to winning all possible trophies in a season (in Europe). By this I mean their league, their FA Cup, their League Cup, their Charity shield, the Champions league, the UEFA super cup, and world club cup?

Here is a question.

What is the closest a team has came to winning all possible trophies in a season (in Europe). By this I mean their league, their FA Cup, their League Cup, their Charity shield, the Champions league, the UEFA super cup, and world club cup?

Barcelona won the lot in 2009, except a league cup, which doesn't exist in Spain.