The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

PSG champions of France. What a fairytale.

How did they do it?

Retrospective sponsorship deals with companies indirectly owned by the owners may have helped.

Feel a bit sorry for Ligue Un fans. PSG and soon to Monaco doping it to f*** and every other club is a selling club to mediocre PL teams despite having, on the whole, far more history.

Monaco have been in the the French league system since 1919 FWIW. PSG only formed in 1970 but were effectively formed by the merger of two clubs and still have a number of great European and domestic moments to their name, so I'd say both have a fair bit of history.

You can look at it as they league being bought or you can look at it as something that will, over time, increase the league's co-efficient and increase the profile of a league that is, much like the Eredivisie, criminally underrated.

PSG champions of France. What a fairytale.

How did they do it?

Retrospective sponsorship deals with companies indirectly owned by the owners may have helped.

Feel a bit sorry for Ligue Un fans. PSG and soon to Monaco doping it to f*** and every other club is a selling club to mediocre PL teams despite having, on the whole, far more history.

Monaco have been in the the French league system since 1919 FWIW. PSG only formed in 1970 but were effectively formed by the merger of two clubs and still have a number of great European and domestic moments to their name, so I'd say both have a fair bit of history.

You can look at it as they league being bought or you can look at it as something that will, over time, increase the league's co-efficient and increase the profile of a league that is, much like the Eredivisie, criminally underrated.

Didn't mention anything about history, I know both have history, but you can't tell me for the competitiveness of the top end of the league is going to be slowly eroded by this financial injection and yes I know many other leagues are similar.

Also, RE: the league as a whole if PSG had and if Monaco do buy L1 players then it wouldn't be so bad but all the money thus far has gone to anyone related to Leonardo mostly which is doing nothing for other clubs. I just think it's a bit of shame that fine clubs like OM, OL, Bordeaux & countless others are restricted to playing for CL at best.