Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Just think there was people that were happy with this guy coming back.... and that he signed an extension.

:lol: :lol:

I doubt these people were expecting him to play a more significant role than an option on the bench. I certainly wasn't and was happy to keep him around for another season. As a starting striker though….not so much :lol:

Just think there was people that were happy with this guy coming back.... and that he signed an extension.

:lol: :lol:

I doubt these people were expecting him to play a more significant role than an option on the bench. I certainly wasn't and was happy to keep him around for another season. As a starting striker though….not so much :lol:

Likewise. I would have liked us to go out and get the 3 PL strikers that we need, but that wasn't going to happen, so Big Andy will suffice as third choice/tactical throw of the dice.

To think Ryder wrote an article yesterday pre match claiming we have got the old Andy Carroll back...

Hasn’t scored a goal for the club in nearly a decade and not even came close to doing so since.

Well if he's been useless for ages, it's perfectly possible we have an old version back, just from like 5 years ago.

would have made more sense to have him just be a coach or something, he clearly loves the club and the area.

Can you imagine him as a coach? I can’t.

No, but he would have some value as a Terry Mac/John Carver in a putting-out-the-cones and organising-social-functions manner. He’s clearly a senior figure in the dressing room and well liked among the players.

And seriously, would he really be any worse than Steve’s sidekicks Steve and Steve?

Even though a lot of people here don't really like him but since he came back he's done very well for us, his presence and aerial power really adds something to our game, and he's a million times better upfront than Joelinton.

Very well :spit:

He's a striker that hasn't scored a single goal in well over a year :lol:

would have made more sense to have him just be a coach or something, he clearly loves the club and the area.

Can you imagine him as a coach? I can’t.

Shola's got Andy's job. Just waiting for a top club to recognise his ability and we have a ready made replacement.

Spends so much time either on the deck or fouling the defender

Loves throwing himself to the ground like.

that first challenge where he flung both arms up and threw himself to the floor was completely embarrassing and should have had a yellow card.