RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Unbelievable what Adrian Durham's just said there like, "I heard Kinnear say that he'd signed Tim Krul for Newcastle and presumed he was telling the truth but then I looked at the records and saw that he'd been there for 2 years when Kinnear arrived.  I think what Joe probably meant was that he brought him into the Newcastle first team, which he did - he played him in the first team at a young age when he hadn't been near the first team before then.  Kinnear needs to be careful with the details, he needs to get these things right now he's a Director Of Football".

Tim Krul made 9 first team appearances in 2008/09.  For Falkirk on loan.

f*** off Durham, you're as bad as Kinnear is.

They haven't done any research at all, Gough especially is embarrassing.

Unbelievable what Adrian Durham's just said there like, "I heard Kinnear say that he'd signed Tim Krul for Newcastle and presumed he was telling the truth but then I looked at the records and saw that he'd been there for 2 years when Kinnear arrived.  I think what Joe probably meant was that he brought him into the Newcastle first team, which he did - he played him in the first team at a young age when he hadn't been near the first team before then.  Kinnear needs to be careful with the details, he needs to get these things right now he's a Director Of Football".

I remember Kinnear didn't know anything about Krul and was talking about selling him when he came back from loan. Forster was the one he thought would become our next keeper.

Gough is so incredibly, mind-bendingly thick, he barely manages the extremely low level of English language proficiency required to keep TalkSport listeners happy.

Listening to him struggling and trying to convey his thoughts on an issue is the aural equivalent of watching a puppy trying to pick up a balloon.

Right lads an' lasses, here's an attempt at some positive spin.

Ashley has lost confidence in Llambias to get his head around the football side and simply needs someone there that he trusts to give him a run down of what's going on in a way he can fackin' understand.

Whatever Joe K says, his role is little more than a Babblefish that'll plug into Mike ear and pump out information in pellet sized chunks and we'll never have to listen to his mad patter publicly ever again.

I have no clue how Joe K can pass on anything without a liberal coating of his own mental excreta, but if it means his boss can feel comfortable enough to spend on the squad this summer then er... Yay.

Good times ahead.

:indi:

Guest tollemache

Hmmm yeah, it is possible that Kinnear has been brought in precisely because he's just delighted to have a job, is expendable and won't be allowed to influence things too much. I think that's maybe the only way I can reconcile Ashley being good at business and Kinnear being anywhere near him

Remember how after relegation Llambias released a state,ent saying the only decision they got right was appointing Shearer as manager. 4 years on and we still haven't heard what happened there. The way they run this club is an absolute shambles. There is nothing professional about it at all.