Sunderland

Nobody

What is it with their constant desire to be liked by others?

If we received such a patronising little pat on the head from someone who just gave us a howking in a cup final I'd tell them to go f*ck themselves.

It's not about being liked, or disliked. It's about treating fellow fans as you would wish to be treat yourself. There should be more behaviour like this, rather than the hatred that we sometimes see post match. 

You've completely missed the point. I wasn't talking about the fan's behaviour but about the almost constant drivel (mostly on rtg) about desired (or simply imaginary) bonhomie between disparate sets of fans from around the uk and beyond. The half-half crests, the bullshit links to Bilbao or Feyenoord, the pathetic 'they hate the scum too' links to comments on other message boards. Its completely cringeworthy.

I've had great crack with fans around the country and in Europe, and never wrecked the joint or got arrested. We had a fantastic time with the Benfica lads last year but did I expect a letter to the Portuguese press for simply acting like human beings? No of course not. Not tearing the place up isn't unique to Sunderland fans, but expecting some sort of official recognition or long-standing bond afterwards for not doing so seemingly is.

If we received such a patronising little pat on the head from someone who just gave us a howking in a cup final I'd tell them to go f*ck themselves.

It's not about being liked, or disliked. It's about treating fellow fans as you would wish to be treat yourself. There should be more behaviour like this, rather than the hatred that we sometimes see post match. 

You've completely missed the point. I wasn't talking about the fan's behaviour but about the almost constant drivel (mostly on rtg) about desired (or simply imaginary) bonhomie between disparate sets of fans from around the uk and beyond. The half-half crests, the bullshit links to Bilbao or Feyenoord, the pathetic 'they hate the scum too' links to comments on other message boards. Its completely cringeworthy.

I've had great crack with fans around the country and in Europe, and never wrecked the joint or got arrested. We had a fantastic time with the Benfica lads last year but did I expect a letter to the Portuguese press for simply acting like human beings? No of course not. Not tearing the place up isn't unique to Sunderland fans, but expecting some sort of official recognition or long-standing bond afterwards for not doing so seemingly is.

its so true.

one rang total sport last night about Sunderland fans at the final- said he didnt want to get into comparing thier fans with us , then proceeded to list all these fantastic virtues safc fans are famous for and unsurprisingly newcastle fans are the exact opposite. 

its so true.

one rang total sport last night about Sunderland fans at the final- said he didnt want to get into comparing thier fans with us , then proceeded to list all these fantastic virtues safc fans are famous for and unsurprisingly newcastle fans are the exact opposite. 

They are a very peculiar breed. Their abnormal desire to have love ins with other fans clubs, and celebrate defeat like it's something positive is ....well just weird.

On a thread over there where they were discussing... err... fighting with the City fans (shurely shome mistake) one said they were great because "they hate the mags too".  Imagine meeting up with rival fans after a big game and talking to them about Sunderland ?

At present they're in their self congratulatory "classy" delusional phase, shored up by the drivel on Northern Life etc. Can't imagine who the little angels are who wreck all the trains and use the carriages as toilets when they play Boro or Newcastle.

its so true.

They are a very peculiar breed. Their abnormal desire to have love ins with other fans clubs, and celebrate defeat like it's something positive is ....well just weird.

On a thread over there where they were discussing... err... fighting with the City fans (shurely shome mistake) one said they were great because "they hate the mags too".  Imagine meeting up with rival fans after a big game and talking to them about Sunderland ?

At present they're in their self congratulatory "classy" delusional phase, shored up by the drivel on Northern Life etc. Can't imagine who the little angels are who wreck all the trains and use the carriages as toilets when they play Boro or Newcastle.

still have a friendly cup every time they play Norwich dont they? why, because they lost to them in a league cup final almost 30 years ago- of course.

saddest bastards cup iyam.

A mate on facebook - a good lad - said "I'm not being biased but we have the best fans in the country". :lol:

Everyone would be loud at Wembley, like. Maybe some of their normal fans are alright (apart from the racism) but the thousands of pink seats don't say or do much. So yeah....I think he's slightly biased.

You say I've completely missed the point, but your exact quote is this ;-

"If we received such a patronising little pat on the head from someone who just gave us a howking in a cup final I'd tell them to go f*ck themselves."

I'd never tell anyone to go and fuck themselves, regardless as to whether I thought they were being condescending or not, especially when I'm certain their intentions were good.

The atmosphere at the final on Sunday was very friendly, and that article simply underlines that fact. I'm sure Newcastle fans have received praise for their behaviour many times after wins and defeats, and not found it patronising. I'm sure there's hardly any Sunderland fans who expect to be praised for being well behaved, but when the praise does come it should be welcomed and not condemned. 

You say I've completely missed the point, but your exact quote is this ;-

"If we received such a patronising little pat on the head from someone who just gave us a howking in a cup final I'd tell them to go f*ck themselves."

I'd never tell anyone to go and f*** themselves, regardless as to whether I thought they were being condescending or not, especially when I'm certain their intentions were good.

The atmosphere at the final on Sunday was very friendly, and that article simply underlines that fact. I'm sure Newcastle fans have received praise for their behaviour many times after wins and defeats, and not found it patronising. I'm sure there's hardly any Sunderland fans who expect to be praised for being well behaved, but when the praise does come it should be welcomed and not condemned. 

Ok, You're still missing the point. Since the final whistle on sunday, when SAFC capitulated in the second half and were roundly hammered, the narrative from your lot has been 'Aye, we were beaten, but by God we're classy....certainly more so than the mags'

Then there's been a collective doffing of caps to your betters, a bizarre attitude akin to "thank you sir, beaten by the better side, well done to the victors... but please everyone recognise we havent kicked off...like those dirty horse punchers would"

Certainly I'll recognise the following taken to Wembo (who were signally absent in earlier rounds, but lets not get into that). But you aren't special. Countless team's followers have been to the capital and acted like human beings. You don't deserve a medal.

They certainly don't miss any opportunity to slap themselves on the back and say how fucking great they are do they? It's almost as if they need the constant reassurance of hearing how superb they are and if they need to congratulate themselves, as opposed to outsiders doing it, then so be it.

They attend matches - they're superb, deserve a medal, few can match our support given the lack of success etc

They sing a few songs - they make an atmosphere no-one can match

They don't knock the living shit out of another set of fans - classy as fuck marra.

No, I'm getting the point completely, and actually agreeing with you to a certain extent. But where I disagree, is telling someone whos intentions are good, to go and fuck themselves. I also don't know a single Sunderland fan who expects to be commended for behaving properly at a football match.

As for doffing caps. I've done no such thing, and neither have most Sunderland fans. What we have done is recognised we got beaten by the better team.

As for doffing caps. I've done no such thing, and neither have most Sunderland fans. What we have done is recognised we got beaten by the better team.

Thats how it came across in the Echo article. I've been on the recieving end of the city arseholes too many times to accept their new-found humility, and no amount of 'well done you' will undo that.

No, I'm getting the point completely, and actually agreeing with you to a certain extent. But where I disagree, is telling someone whos intentions are good, to go and f*** themselves.

Thats just me, I'm a belligerent c*nt to all opposing fans, regardless of success or geographical position  O0

City fans are pricks of the highest order.

No one should congratulate them or comment on their 'sensational' team. It makes them forget that they are essentially Abu Dhabi United and the last game Man City played before they died they got humped off Boro.

City fans are a joke. 45k sudden scarfers, sing 2 songs, steal Poznan. can't fill their own ground no matter who they play. Rather record any decent mob that goes to their ground. Mackems by far outnumbered them in London last weekend ffs.

No matter how much Man Utd decline, City will only ever dream of having their away support.

Only 6 years ago :lol:

Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Young (McMahon 75), Riggott, Wheater, Pogatetz, Boateng, Rochemback, Arca (Johnson 62), Downing, Sanli (Aliadiere 62), Alves.

Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Taylor.

Booked: Pogatetz, Young.

Goals: Downing 16 pen, Alves 37, Downing 58, Alves 60, Johnson 70, Rochemback 80, Aliadiere 85, Alves 90.

Man City: Isaksson, Jihai, Corluka, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Gelson, Petrov (Elano 71), Garrido, Vassell (Hamann 62), Mwaruwari (Castillo 13).

Subs Not Used: Hart, Caicedo.

Sent Off: Dunne (15).

Booked: Jihai.

Goals: Elano 87.

Att: 27,613

Ref: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire).

This whole thing about fans being better than other sets of fans is a real bone of contention with me. The mackems bleat on about being class and the term "he's a massive lads fan" wtf???. Just goes to show these really are a bunch of self righteous arseholes

No set of fans is better than anyone else in my view, we all go to watch our team with hope and anticipation like every other set of fans the length of the country, naturally you are always going to say your fans are the best but it's easy to support a premier league team, the fans I give credit for are the people that go watch the likes of Rochdale and Hartlepool home and away week in and week out that is dedication to the cause

I also hate the mentality of mackems who think its class because some other set of fans hate us for whatever reason. They truly are more concerned about hating the mags more than loving their own team.....stupid cunts

This whole thing about fans being better than other sets of fans is a real bone of contention with me. The mackems bleat on about being class and the term "he's a massive lads fan" wtf???. Just goes to show these really are a bunch of self righteous arseholes

No set of fans is better than anyone else in my view, we all go to watch our team with hope and anticipation like every other set of fans the length of the country, naturally you are always going to say your fans are the best but it's easy to support a premier league team, the fans I give credit for are the people that go watch the likes of Rochdale and Hartlepool home and away week in and week out that is dedication to the cause

I also hate the mentality of mackems who think its class because some other set of fans hate us for whatever reason. They truly are more concerned about hating the mags more than loving their own team.....stupid c***s

'Massive lads fan' is a phrase that came from a WUM on our board trying to promote his mates butcher's' Others have copied it to take the piss :lol:

I also hate the mentality of mackems who think its class because some other set of fans hate us for whatever reason. They truly are more concerned about hating the mags more than loving their own team.....stupid c***s

'Massive lads fan' is a phrase that came from a WUM on our board trying to promote his mates butcher's' Others have copied it to take the piss :lol:

It's not funny.

I agree with most of this.

One of my Geordie mates said to me today "We deserve to win something". When I asked him what made Geordies, Mackems or anyone else more deserving than other fans he was stumped. I told him you could argue that fans that follow teams like Crew, Southend, Halifax etc. probably deserve more for their support than fans like us who support 'bigger' clubs like ours.