Sunderland

Nobody

Ah right.

Just looking now and apparently it was her dad who reported it after hearing her boasting about it. That does sound better for him.

If this enough evidence to be pursuing the case so aggressively and releasing the name of the suspect to the public? Obviously, I am not presuming Johnson is innocent, but it is a bit ridiculous they can tear people down publicly on so little. No physical evidence or anything damning at all. *assuming internet rumours are true

Ah right.

Just looking now and apparently it was her dad who reported it after hearing her boasting about it. That does sound better for him.

If this enough evidence to be pursuing the case so aggressively and releasing the name of the suspect to the public? Obviously, I am not presuming Johnson is innocent, but it is a bit ridiculous they can tear people down publicly on so little. No physical evidence or anything damning at all. *assuming internet rumours are true

Ok so if you assume the internet rumour is true. It's still a 15 year old girl boasting about having some sort of sexual contact with a man of 27. So let's say her Dad takes her to the Police Station and she discloses what's happened, then the Police have to discuss that with AJ.

The story will have made it's way in to the papers some how but it's not really relevant to the allegation itself. Of course the media go way over the top, but that's part of the doubled edged sword of celebrity. Until they grant anonymity to suspects that will be the case.

Bit crass releasing that article at this point like.

He seems to have tried and executed him on the basis that the rest of the squad act like dicks on a night out. I actually think it's an interesting article but the timing does reek of 'I told you so' despite not knowing the full details.

It also hints that the man himself is shot to pieces in private and in all likelihood - guilty or not - won't be the same again. And that suicide joke was incredibly bad taste imo.

Has Kitson ever acknowledged this, or denied it? 

I read that it wasn't a footballer, rather it was football agent and ex-makem John Colquhuon, telling tales he took directly from more than one footballer.

Apologies if his identity has ever been confirmed either way, I havent read the column since it left the newspaper's website a couple of years ago

It's 100% Dave Kitson.  The whole thing matches up with his career - all his anecdotes about things that happened during his career are on youtube.

It is close, but it's interesting the things he says about the Reading manager (Pardew), crying when he left for WHU. Pretty scathing about him in his book.