Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Bent has spent a whole season welded to the bench.

I'm sure he won't leave to come and do the same here.

You're forgetting he'll be on far less money. An incentive if ever there was one.

I imagine in WC year he'll want to go somewhere he is guaranteed first team football. Still a fair chance he'll be involved for England if he gets back playing.

On a seperate note was he at Spurs under Jol?

Good player. I'd be happy with him.

It shouldn't be such a big issue that we'd have to create chances for him because we already need to be creating much more for Cisse. It's an existing problem, not a new one. Another genuine door-opener simply to stop teams doubling up on HBA would be a nice start.

(Not that our Pardew or DOF fills me with hope that the creativity problem will be fixed)

Guest reefatoon

I still feel that Bent will be Cisse's replacement if he does come here. 

Any reason apart from blind pessimism? I can't remember much of a sniff of Cisse leaving.

How's that showing blind pessimism? The players are far too similar to play alongside each other, if we really are looking at Bent, it won't be so he can come and sit on our bench will it, so buy Bent, sell Cisse at a profit and money in the bank, plus Pardew gets the "premiership experience" he is craving. 

Guest bimpy474

While i quite like Bent, i fear our football style is only going to get worse. 4-4-2 under Pardew at the start of last season was terrible.

And if we carry on with Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right, what's the point of using 4-4-2. God i hate Pardew.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Once Cisse works out how to finish simple chances (Like the 3 in the first half vs Reading at home) and stay onside he'll be someone to rely on. Though I expect him to improve once we have some back up in the squad. Cisse/Ba was a pathetic partnership as one was constantly chasing a goal bonus...

Guest reefatoon

Cisse is much better than Bent though.

Cisse is much better, it's just when the Wonga stories came out regarding Cisse (true or not) that I thought we would look to replace him.  We will only replace him with a bargain too.

Guest bimpy474

Once Cisse works out how to finish simple chances (Like the 3 in the first half vs Reading at home) and stay onside he'll be someone to rely on. Though I expect him to improve once we have some back up in the squad. Cisse/Ba was a pathetic partnership as one was constantly chasing a goal bonus...

Cisse's 28, that finishing ship sailed along time ago. He is what he is now.

I still feel that Bent will be Cisse's replacement if he does come here. 

Any reason apart from blind pessimism? I can't remember much of a sniff of Cisse leaving.

How's that showing blind pessimism? The players are far too similar to play alongside each other, if we really are looking at Bent, it won't be so he can come and sit on our bench will it, so buy Bent, sell Cisse at a profit and money in the bank, plus Pardew gets the "premiership experience" he is craving.  It was when the Wonga stories came out regarding Cisse (true or not) that I thought we would look to replace him.

I was wondering about Sissoko.

Could he be the second "striker" in Pardews mind? Didn't he say he saw him as a no 10? Jans spending was this summers brought forward?

So Bent in (experienced/proven PL player and speaks English). Cisse out for profit. Sissoko alongside Bent?? In APs mind?? Something along the lines of :

Bent. Sissoko (Shola/Campbell)

Jonas/Marveaux/Fergie                                      Gouff/HBA/Obertan

Tiote/Anita    HBA?/New signing

Santon/Haidara              MYM . Colo (Taylor/Williamson)      Debuchy/Taylor

Krul (Elliott)

In APs world??

Cisse is much better than Bent though.

He's not like.

Cisse is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer as he misses loads of easy chances and doesn't understand offside.

No point having this debate again in this thread.

If we do sign him and play 4-4-2 we badly need to find 2 orthodox wingers from somewhere. Also, Ben Arfa aside we're going to be very easily to defend against as a unit as there'll be no between the lines movement.

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer. Not to mention we'll need to feed him the ball to get anything out of him, and if I recall correctly, this team is terrible at providing service consistently.

Bent's a decent player. I actually quite like him.

However, for the benefit of those getting even remotely optimistic about this move. Please allow me to re-iterate.

Newcastle August - December 2014

Bent and Cisse up front.

Bent Upfront and Cisse on the right.

Bent upfront and Cisse on the bench.

Bent injured.

Cisse upfront.

Cisse barren for two months.

Pardew sacked.

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer. Not to mention we'll need to feed him the ball to get anything out of him, and if I recall correctly, this team is terrible at providing service consistently.

didnt Brummie say the exact opposite.  :undecided:

didnt Brummie say the exact opposite.  :undecided:

Was going to say was it not his media campaigners aka English journalists fighting his cause at Villa rather than him?

I know sold the mackems down the river a bit but how many of signings in recent years have done that to move to NUFC?